Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recently scheduled

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Has anyone been scheduled for an in person C&P recently through one of the VA contractors even though VA facilities are closed?  Just wondering if all in person exams are on hold or just at VA facilities.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I've often wonder why they just don't go ahead and use the C&P Examiners report to rate the veteran ?  instead of passing the Buck to the rater...the C&P EXAMINER is a Dr and can be qualified to render a decision  in my opinion anyway  it would save a lot of time.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Basically, I think the reason the examiner doesn't do the rating is they are doctors or at least medical people. Some are pretty sharp; if a doctor got a medical degree even from Podunk University they aren't stupid.  But it is about layers; the more people that share in the decision process, the harder it is to put the blame on incompetency. So, if you start becoming more efficient by eliminating how many people touch a claim, you're going to make it a lot easier to determine who keeps making mistakes. In addition, I also believe that by and large doctors don't like the admin stuff, just the medical stuff. I think it would be even harder to get doctors employed if you increased their admin stuff. IMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

GB Army

Ain't that the truth!!

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!