VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal granted.

Rate this question

kent101

Question

I started my first va disability claim in 2010. It was for sinusitis and rhinitis. I only had a few medical records documenting that I said I had sinusitis and rhinitis. The first doctor didn't agree it was from my service. So I didn't get the nexus. I appealed and it went back to the VARO for a review. After a year or so It came back and I put in for the BVA appeal.

I got my C&P exam last year after a remand. recently I found out that everything I asked for was granted from VA.gov appeals history section. It says updates take one to two months. I don't know what ratings I got because the website doesn't have that information on it. Does anyone know if the one to two months is accurate for update to disability rating? 

Thanks to those of you contributing information that helped me figure things out.

Edited by kent101

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Congratulations!  

Neither VA.gov nor ebenefits is accurate, reliable or up to date.  You will have to wait for the envelope.  Even after you win at BVA, you still have to have a VARO implementation decision which can take a few months to a year or more.  

On 7/17/2020 at 7:06 PM, broncovet said:

Congratulations!  

Neither VA.gov nor ebenefits is accurate, reliable or up to date.  You will have to wait for the envelope.  Even after you win at BVA, you still have to have a VARO implementation decision which can take a few months to a year or more.  

Just found I was granted 50% and now stand at 90% overall. I'm thankful because for two decades this disability interfered with many things. I could hardly talk for 15 years and still have trouble at times.

Edited by kent101

• HadIt.com Elder

kent101 Way to go; 50% grant gets you up to 90%, that's terrific! Took a lot longer than you really wanted but all in all, you kept with it an finally won. Good example for folks to do the same. Nice. When you get your back pay consider a helping donation to Hadit if you can afford it, but in any case, congrats.

congrats! just remember, now it goes to your varo where they decide the final dates and back pay etc...the 1-2 months is a lie just an fyi. i was awarded 100% on May 20th and was informed by iris it may be several more weeks til completed. you know the motto...HURRY UP AND WAIT! now must have patience.