• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HLR just closed. Need an opinion. Thanks

Rate this question

DLRogers

Question

Need your all's opinion on this. 

Just had my HLR closed  for 2 claims. 

- Originally Submitted on April 16th as an HLR. (not gonna back track the whole story with NODS/Supp claims for last 3 years). 

- Closed on September 3rd (Thursday before Labor day weekend). 

- Says VA "HAS MADE A NEW DECISION" 

- On details tab is says "Compensation Issue" for both Claims. 

- Nothing has been updated on EBennies and VA.gov sucks at giving any more details. 

-  What do you all think?  

Thanks

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

DL Rogers We certainly hope you do have good news but "wait for the letter" we say ALL the time. I have the same situation as you. HLR and decision made. When I got the decision letter, it said that they found an error, and have to do further developing. As Shrek and the others comment, wait for the letter. It will be in to you in about a week or so. After 10 days, you can call Peggy and they then will let you know what's in the decision letter and/or resend it to you.

When I had my informal conference with the DRO for my HLR, she told me that she agreed with me and was approving the changes. I was asking for earlier effectives dates. A couple of days after the HLR closed on va.gov, I could see the changes of the dates on my disabilities list.  

Did you check your disabilities list in eBenefits?

On 9/9/2020 at 10:48 AM, broncovet said:

You need to wait for the envelope.  Ebenefits can tell you that you will be flying to the moon on a saucer and eat green cheese the rest of your life.  Take whatever ebenefits says with a grain of salt.  EXCEPTION:

Check your Ebenefits "letters".  If the VA lets you print out a letter than you are 100 percent P and T, you can be pretty sure you are 100 percent P and T.  The VA doesnt want us to have a letter like that unless we are really 100 percent P and T.  

Bronco - Confused by this statement. I currently see my Benefits letter at 90% and pretty sure I can print it out. 

You are saying if I can "print" out this letter than I am 100%? 

I dont understand why the VA wouldn't want us to have this letter. 

This is on the VA.gov (disability letter link) website. 

All I can say is something's going on because even my Supplemtal Claim which was finalized/approved to get me to 90%, on August 21st, still hasnt hit my account... 15 days the VA says... lol. Okay. 

Maybe my Supp claim and HLR review wrecked havoc on there calculators?? Haha

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

DL Rogers:  In ebenefits, there is a "letters" section.  Go to it.  Try to print your "letter".  

No, its not the same thing if you "print" stuff from ebenefits..only the "letters" section.  

Bronco - took me a hot minute but found the letter in Ebenefits. My letter says 90%.  I did NOT try printing it (mainly because it says 90%).. I did have the option to print it though. 

Soooo...  it just sucks, my Supp claimed closed on Aug 21st. Still no letter for that. And my HLR reviews closed on Sep 3rd.  Nothing yet.. mail is slow.