Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

thoughs

Rate this question

Dude74

Question

I had a C&P with LHI on 19 Oct. I asked my VSO what the status is, does it look good. The VSO said she would send me the C&P results and i could maybe make a determination. The VSO said the claim would be settled in 4 weeks in December. Sound like she didn't want to give me bad news. What do you think?

• HadIt.com Elder

Dude74,

I had a C&P with LHI on 19 Oct. I asked my VSO what the status is, does it look good. The VSO said she would send me the C&P results and i could maybe make a determination.

THAT CAN GO BOTH WAYS BUT SEEMS MAYBE YOUR VSO WANTS TO LET YOU WORRYING ?

YOU May want to wait and read the C&P REPORT , iT COULD BE A GOOD REPORT  ,BUT IF ITS NOT SO GOOD, YOU APPEAL THE DECISION IF THEY DENIED YOU OR LAW BALLED.

NOT KNOWING WHAT YOUR CLAIMING (CONDITION?)? iF YOUR DENIED?

LOOK UP YOUR RATING CRITERIA FOR WHAT YOUR CLAIMING  AND SEE WHAT YOUR RATING SHOULD BE ACCORDING TO THE SEVERITY OF YOUR CONDITION  AND IN YOUR APPEAL LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD BE RATED FOR AND SEND IN THE CFR 38 # A TO WHAT YOU SHOULD BE RATED AT. OR  PUT YOUR CONDITION AND THE SEVERITY/ DEGREE OF IT ON HERE   SO WE CAN HELP YOU FIND THE RATING CRITERIA FOR WHAT YOUR CLAIMING.

Edited by Buck52

You posted:

The VSO said the claim would be settled in 4 weeks in December.

Hogwash.  The VSO really has no idea "when the claim would be settled".  We dont either.  To make a statement "like they know "when" it will happen, is like saying I know who will be president in year 2024.  I have no idea, its all a guess, and your VSO does not know "when it will be settled".  

I would ask the VSO "how do you know when it will be settled"?  (Wait for answer).  He probably flipped a coin, or threw a dart at a calendar.  Im very suspicious of people who claim to know more than they do and make you assume they know.  Grrrrr....

• HadIt.com Elder

Dude74 I would also add that if it was done in Oct. 19, you don't have to wait to get a heads up. Ask the VSO to get you a copy of the completed C&P exam. It will have what the examiner found and whether or not it was s-c or not. No, it would be a final decision, but if it is unfavorable, you can start working on your appeal. Of course you want a copy of the decision letter, but it is very likely that if the examiner recommended a certain finding, the rater will usually go along with it. 

On 11/7/2020 at 4:48 AM, GBArmy said:

Dude74 I would also add that if it was done in Oct. 19, you don't have to wait to get a heads up. Ask the VSO to get you a copy of the completed C&P exam. It will have what the examiner found and whether or not it was s-c or not. No, it would be a final decision, but if it is unfavorable, you can start working on your appeal. Of course you want a copy of the decision letter, but it is very likely that if the examiner recommended a certain finding, the rater will usually go along with it. 

Most likey it will be denied.

Edited by Dude74
removal of doc

• HadIt.com Elder

Dude74 You have good news and bad  news. I had a hard time reading your post, not your problem but mine. I don't know if you are s-c for any MH conditions, but they are saying you have some. If they don't give you a disability directly, there is evidence in your file to appeal, saying you meet criteria of DSM-5 for MH disabilities. They are also saying that your request to s-c for insomnia is not approved. Not knowing what you are or aren't already approved for clouds the situation. Insomnia can be a MH symptom. I would wait for your decision letter and see what the results are. I would think you have a chance for appeal for increase and/or new disabilities. But be mindful of pyramiding especial as it relates to MH symptoms.