Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Increase (New Medication)

Rate this question

Wooderson

Question

I am currently 10% for Chronic Urticaria, my dermatologist has changed my medication (because the antihistamines quit working) and for the past 4-5 months I have been on a second-line treatment (leukotriene inhibitors). Under the VA Schedule those medications when used to treat the condition looks like it should be rated at 30%.

I've never requested an increase, is there a certain amount of time you need to be on the new medication? Is there anything else I need to know/do to present the evidence properly when doing the claim. thanks

Judging from the number of incorrectly filled out dbqs and inadequate exams I see every day that just hold up the show and requires us to go back to the doctor for a clarification, or an outright new exam, that are fill out by non va doctors and non contractors, you’re better off with the va and contractors . Over half of the private dbqs I’ve seen in the last year have been partially inadequate or completely wrong- and if they had been accepted at grave value the veteran would have lost. I have a running one note that I started for my own edification because I see trends in things and I like to know things. Many GPs and private docs have no idea how the military affects you, or how to correlate the myriad causes of conditions that they hardly ever or never see in regular practice. 

Va doctors and contractors get paid whether you do or not, and the number of grants vs denials doesn’t affect the contracts one bit. they don’t need an incentive to throw an exam- they get paid anyway. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

27 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Va doctors and contractors get paid whether you do or not, and the number of grants vs denials doesn’t affect the contracts one bit. they don’t need an incentive to throw an exam- they get paid anyway. 

I wish i could believe that, but i have had enough bad exams to know better....out right lying to my face or in the MO. and i personally have had just about every contractor C&P exam sent back for clarification...heck even my OSA exam, that the VBA showed, didnt take into account a DX i have had for 13 years and seen doctor every year for my CPAP machine, was inadequate. i havent had one good exam but maybe a handful of times....

i again stick by my statement- how long would these contracts last if the dr consistently gave favorable exams for veterans and cost the VA money? its a matter of budgeting in all honesty- delay and hope the vet gives up...we all know the game and C&P exams are part of it!

• HadIt.com Elder

If your using a VA Doc to help you with a claim I advise not to or if you do, just simple ask this Doc when you see him/er about your condition does if he/she think your condition as worsen?

Never ask if its got better  unless its a serious diseases like prostate cancer  or something like that,, if these Dr's know your only asking these questions for your claim or compensation purposes  they will avoid the question  or might answer you right then and normally will not write it up in his/her report  notes that show on MyhealtheVet... just go with the flow , never mention anything about a claim or your compensation to a VA Dr  unless your on good standing with this Doc ect,,,ect,,,,,

Just simply ask the Dr when its appropriate ''Dr Smith  do you think my back has got worse'' ''I forgot want they call it ''?.. ''.it but it sure seems like its worse to me  I mean I been having more  BAD pain with it lately'' SOMETIMES IT SEEMS LIKE A 9 0R 10 ect,,,ect,,  and see later what the Dr wrote up in his report on MyheathVet Notes 3 days later.  you might be surprised and it maybe something you can copy and use as part of your evidence for what your calming or maybe not?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

SOME TIMES THE  VA C&P examiners come to their own opinion without reading the Veterans records  I think its just a power thing with these type of dishonest Dr's  especially when they say  ''its not me that makes the decision,,,but you can bet your behind what they put in there medical exam report  the VA will believe every word and not the Veteran to whom they should believe , after all there would be NO VA AND ALL THE JOBS IT CREATES  IF THERE WAS NO VETERANS.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I have never had one those contractor exam. But I do agree this is a new delay and denied thing.

I have notice seen these exams started more rating decrease than before for veterans

The va hospital have ever type of doctor all the MRI and x ray machine but I have read veterans are take x ray in vans smh. How could this be legal

Having comp exam in hotel rooms.

Been ask to travel 2 hr from there home for exam. I would never agree to travel like that or should I say I can't travel that far with my disabled

They will soon be get rid of the va hospital all together and I will miss it I get all my care there and I feel it great.

All just for the private sector to get the va money make no sense to me