Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel pay

Rate this question

Combat eng

Question

How is the VA doing travel pay? I have to travel for physical therapy due to knee replacement. I heard a couple of guys discussing the topic and one was saying that you could do it online. I didn't get involved in their conversation. I come to all of you guys for all of my questions. I know where to get credible info, since joining this site I've gone from 10% to 70% by submitting on own claims. I truly thank all of you. I share all of the knowledge I view on this site with a lot of older vets that don't have access to or don't care for computers. Sorry for rambling on.

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand the frustration

My PCP has canceled my IN PERSON Appointments  the last year  or ever since the pandemic , They call a day or two before the schedule appointment and ask if its ok that the Dr just calls me on the phone...if it would be ok  unless you have an emergency   then you can either go to a private E.R. or the ER at the VAMC.

THEY  the  va clinic my PCP is in  and ask if the Dr could just call me   ..I ask her  well what is wrong is the Dr sick?  ''On No  she just being cautions with this covid19..

I notice I was a NO SHOW ON MY LAST TWO APPOINMENTS

I instant message my PCP   about being a NO SHOW when it was the clinic that canceled ...The Dr has yet to reply.

I am going to change VA Dr's  BEFORE SHE KILLS ME

I truly think they are taking his covid 19 more serious than they should   its like its a way to get out of seeing Veterans...rathe ror not they need to be seen  this should be the Veterans choice rather or not he want to come to his VAMC and see his VA PCP....

i AM TRYING TO GET OUTSOURCE TO A DENTIST BECAUSE THE  VA DENT can't see me  and I have excursing pain  on a tooth  ...no reply back from that.

I went to a private dentist  and they did -rays /HE CALLED THE  VA anf told them  I need a root canal or exaction   and I wear particals..so the extraction means a new set of partials  the private dentist said he can do a root canal and save the tooth   but so for no reply back from the VA.

As for as travel Pay I have not got that  since the pandemic. was declared by President Trump.

ITS GETTING WORSE AT THE VA  so everyone must be careful  and try your best to keep your health ...I hope its not this bad at all the VA 's

I called the WH Hotline about my travel pay that is pending from all the way back in October. I received a call today from my VA hospital travel office. He was just as disgusted with the system as I am. They have been allowed to go back to the old way of doing travel pay. He said they are doing 2,000 to 3,000 claims a week with the old system, trying to catch up. He said they have allowed the clinics to again do the paper work and have turned the kiosk's on again. Seems to me like another case of a new system to fix something that wasn't broke. 

I got this in an email the other day. Though it talks about supply logistics, it seems to apply to all VA systems. They blow tons of money and we get screwed. 

https://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/statements/VAOIG-statement-20210324-missal.pdf

VHA IT Systems and Supply Logistics
Since 2000, the OIG has also identified IT planning and implementation as a major management challenge given VA’s history of failed projects after significant IT investments. OIG audits in recent years have highlighted that IT systems’ development problems have persisted largely because of inadequate planning, fragmented governance, unrealistic timelines, and insufficient monitoring and controls. This has made IT projects, including those associated with supply management, susceptible to cost overruns, schedule slippages, performance problems, and in some cases, complete project failures. VA continues to face challenges in developing the IT systems it needs to support VA’s supply chain challenges. Inventory management is critical to knowing when to purchase, store, and distribute supplies—and then effectively track their use.

I have what looks to be a standing monthly appointment for steroid shots 60mi say that I started in December and have not been paid. So do I keep filing through the computer application or the kiosk? Do I have to resubmit the other claims?

• HadIt.com Elder

kiosk

broken solider   you can ask your va clinic you have your injections from  for the travel pay voucher  when you check out ask them to file your travel pay...they should hand the travel pay voucher  you date it and sign it they should file it for you  turn it in at the end of the day.

you also can use the kiosk machine at your clinic  or just outside the clinic  our kiosk machine   never works  but when they do its  breeze to file for travel pay.

• HadIt.com Elder

Or call your travel pay office at your VAMC and ask them about travel pay    I use to file mine after each appointment at the travel pay office on paper applications,  only one filing  if you had 2 or 3 appointments the same day  we only get paid for one trip.  not 3  just 1.

you can do this at the travel pay office    outside in a box they should have the paper travel pay applications  to fill out.  then you drop it in that box  don't for get to sigh it and date it.

Usually they get one trip they don't pay us anything  its called co -travel pay...say you have 4 appointments in a month all 4 on different days  so you have 4  Appointments  for the month  you will only get paid for 3 of those appointments.   they have to have there cutt  ...eh!!!

its  a co-pay for some odd ball reason.  I never understood that.  but next time you get your direct bank statement (for those who have direct deposit set up )   you can look at the d-d statement and see how they pay ?  its kinda like I mention   if you had 4 appointments in a month on different dates     you only get paid for 3.....they take out 1 trip  each month   then after they take that one out and you have  more appointments for that same month   you should get paid for everyone  until a new month starts up.

I drive about 40 miles one way  we get paid both was about 41.3 cents per mile  or it use to be this  maybe its gone up?