Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel pay

Rate this question

Combat eng

Question

How is the VA doing travel pay? I have to travel for physical therapy due to knee replacement. I heard a couple of guys discussing the topic and one was saying that you could do it online. I didn't get involved in their conversation. I come to all of you guys for all of my questions. I know where to get credible info, since joining this site I've gone from 10% to 70% by submitting on own claims. I truly thank all of you. I share all of the knowledge I view on this site with a lot of older vets that don't have access to or don't care for computers. Sorry for rambling on.

• HadIt.com Elder
14 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

I filed for my appointments within the month required on btsss, it’s not my fault they are now more than a month old and just sitting. Lol

If your not paid for those after all this time  go see the travel pay office clerk and let them know. Ask them why? if you don't get any satisfaction go to the Hospital Assistant  Director  HE MIGHT GET ON SOMEW ONE Assperolo.

I had to do this when they never paid my travel pay after I moved and the VA was a lot further...they said I need to use the closes VAMC to my address...the VAMC closed to mt address never had MH Clinic.  .anyway the Assistant VAMC Hospital Director got it fixed for me.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:15 PM, brokensoldier244th said:

I filed for my appointments within the month required on btsss, it’s not my fault they are now more than a month old and just sitting.

Are they in manual review? Mine were and I called travel and was told I needed to attach a letter showing I actually showed up at the appointments. Since calling the WH hotline and speaking to travel I have started to see some deposits for the back travel pay.

Yes, Manual review. They can't see that I went already? Weird,  but, ok. They can pull up the appointments in order to log them on the site I assumed they could see them, too. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Those Yahoos  at my VAMC Travel pay office  won't give out much info as to what to do , so I went to the Assistant Hospital Director...I never thought about the Manul Reviews     anyway this director got them to fix my travel pay.

• HadIt.com Elder

Can we see the Manual Reviews  past appointments  per travel pay via MyhealthVet?  somehow?  or VA..gov? e- benefits?

Anybody Know? and how to do that? 

or you guys mean via VBMS?

Edited by Buck52