Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability rating question

Rate this question

Joe Medoro

Question

Recently I received an increase for one of my service connected disabilities. I have four ratings: 70%, 40%, 30% and 10%. According to the ratings chart, I should have a total combined rating of 90%. E-benefits is still showing 80%. I am waiting for my decision letter, however, I’m confused why it’s still showing 80%.
Does anyone have any insight?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Adminstrator

I am assuming you just had a change?  If so the website is not operated by the VA.  They can be slow to update and you really need to wait for the envelope to know what happened.  

This is why we always tell people to take VA.GOV and Ebenefits with a spoon full of salt, because if it never right.  I can be somewhat right, but rarely right on.  

Where are you seeing those ratings? Ebenefits might not have updated yet. If you print off you benefit letter from the site it will print out what your current percentage is. The document sometimes updates faster than the site itself. In either case until you get your actual benefit letter all anyone here can do is speculate. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Joe

I just got 100% schedular from a 90% rating.  It took an extra 50% rating to get to  100%.  The closer you get to 100% the harder it is to actually get there.  I actually had an extra 80% that pushed me from 90% to actual 100%.  From the time I took the C&P exam to the time I got the letter was two weeks.  That is light speed for the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder
6 hours ago, john999 said:

Joe

I just got 100% schedular from a 90% rating.  It took an extra 50% rating to get to  100%.  The closer you get to 100% the harder it is to actually get there.  I actually had an extra 80% that pushed me from 90% to actual 100%.  From the time I took the C&P exam to the time I got the letter was two weeks.  That is light speed for the VA.

John For some reason or another I had thought you were 90%TDIU P&T?

But your right  it takes a good 50% more to go from 90% to the 100% scheduler.

I went from 90%TDIU P&T   &  AFTER 14 YEARS  I filed a separate and distinct claim and got 70%   and they mooted the TDIU AND GAVE ME A 100% Final Degree rating and also SMC S H.B.   & SMC K  HAD THE 70% Now for 5 years almost 6 and closing in on my 20 year protection Rule

• HadIt.com Elder
On 3/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, Joe Medoro said:

Recently I received an increase for one of my service connected disabilities. I have four ratings: 70%, 40%, 30% and 10%. According to the ratings chart, I should have a total combined rating of 90%. E-benefits is still showing 80%. I am waiting for my decision letter, however, I’m confused why it’s still showing 80%.
Does anyone have any insight?

If one of those disabilities was at half way through 10%   example  you got increased to 85%   thats half way from ten   so they go back to the 80%  if you had got 85.5%  or anything over 85  they round it off to the next highest Number  which would be 90%      85% and below  they keep it the same.