VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC exam that does not require attendance

Rate this question

Foxhound6

Question

Got a letter regarding my deferred neck claim from recent exam. QTC has to send my file to another MD to review and fill out the DBQ based on last exam I had (which was only a few weeks ago). I assume this could be due to the person who did my exam was not qualified to complete that specific DBQ? This is a new one for me lol

Edited by Foxhound6

Any updates?

Part of my claim was referred to QTC after my exam by LHI Care.  The QTC exam is not in person, so I don't know when that happens, but I do know the doc according to the letter I received yesterday.

Hope you did good,

Hamslice

1 hour ago, Hamslice said:

Any updates?

Part of my claim was referred to QTC after my exam by LHI Care.  The QTC exam is not in person, so I don't know when that happens, but I do know the doc according to the letter I received yesterday.

Hope you did good,

Hamslice

It took the examiner almost a month to complete mine. From the looks of it, I got denied. Still waiting on a BBE though.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had an exam from LHI recently.  That was the best exam I ever had.  The nurse/doctor's exam led to my getting an extra 120% in regular math.  I was shocked.  It took that much to get me from TDIU to schedular 100%.  If you are sitting at 90% it will take you at least 50% extra to get to 100%.  VA math is a scandal.

On 5/10/2021 at 7:39 AM, Hamslice said:

Thanks for the reply.  

Hoping the news is better,

Hamslice

Got my BBE. I kinda wish it was an in person because the reasoning for denial on this one is even more confusing than ones I have gotten before??? It one sentence it sounds like they are saying it likely was a direct connection while in another sentence they say it was not due to anything but "normal wear" due to my knee injury?? I'm not fully sure but if this was the alleged HLR rater, I would stay clear of HLRs in future...have a look for yourself

4.28 denial_Redacted.pdf

Well, that truly is confusing. 

It almost sounds like they say you have a cervical disability, from being an Infantryman, however, it was not caused by your bum knee.

From what I have learned, and that I have gotten secondary's to secondary's, I would have claimed neck pain second to my other service connected conditions and let them find/deny the link.  It almost sounds like they pegged the denial to your knee.  But, say that you have neck pain from your service.  

I got my elbow second to my shoulder, because of arthritis and then a bump cause of range of motion.

I think you could/need to fight this with a better doctor.

FWIW,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can