VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, El Train said:

Make sure you go to VA dental.  Get them teeth fixed up.

I been going to the dentist regularly.  I have delta dental insurance through benefeds.  I need that for my wife, so will not be dropping that as of yet.  Will be going through a bunch of stuff here shortly.  Special circumstances regards healthcare. 

I am a retired National Guard Soldier and am required to get Tricare, and can't get ChampV (once the Veteran hits age 60).  And the Tricare up here is Tricare East which is Humana, which is not around here.  So, with my wife's high medical costs, I will not be upsetting her Medicare Advantage Plan anytime soon.  

The Tricare people will not tell me what's covered, and what doctors, until we enroll, and I can't take that gamble.

Need to research Medications.

Thanks,

Hamslice

54 minutes ago, Hamslice said:

The Tricare people will not tell me what's covered, and what doctors, until we enroll, and I can't take that gamble.

i had same questions for my wife as this was the biggest benefit to us. right now i am working so we pay through work(not as expensive as some pay - but saving us almost 600 month just in premiums and HSA account is going to be incredible!!) 

i dont understand what you being national gaurd has to do with champva? i thought that was for any veteran 100%pt? am i missing something?

with champva- we called her doctors and if they accept medicare and tricare- they accept champva(basically same billing schedule) champva was very helpful in figuring this out and gave us specific questions to ask. also, if the doctor wasnt sure if they accept it or not, but accepts medicare, champva gave me a website to give to the doctor to "enroll". they were super helpful. 

i am surprised tricare doesnt have something similar?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use