VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA mandates ALL health care etc,etc must be vaccinated.

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I find it peculiar that they would do this. The COVID vaccines are classified as experimental.

The nature of the beast says that nobody should be forced to chose between their job and any experimental vaccine. I find the moral stance offensive.

The only reason they are still experimental is because the review period for them wasn’t waived. If you work in health care, you get vaccinated. Anything less is irresponsible. They do have a choice- vaccinate or find something else. Same choice private medical has.  Pretty much every state is an at will state so it’s not a discriminatory act because other employers are requiring it too. . I haven’t heard a peep from the Union either and if there was something they didn’t agree with they would have raised it months ago. 

Would you have the same morally offensive stance if you or another veteran went to a VHA facility and was infected, got sick, or potentially died? especially if it could be traced to one or more non vaccinated employees?

Edited by brokensoldier244th

Occupational,safety and health! People have rights to work in a safe health atmosphere trumps how someone feel.  You don’t like working in a hospital get in different line of work.  You don’t believe is science don’t inter the science of   field study.  No one has the right to endanger other people health 

“Federal law, Title 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(e)(1)(A)(ii)(I-III) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, states the following about products granted emergency authorization usage:

Individuals to whom the product is administered are informed—

(I) that the Secretary has authorized the emergency use of the product;

(II) of the significant known and potential benefits and risks of such use, and of the extent to which such benefits and risks are unknown; and

(III) of the option to accept or refuse administration of the product, of the consequences, if any, of refusing administration of the product, and of the alternatives to the product that are available and of their benefits and risks.

Any entity or organization that requires EUA COVID-19 vaccinations, COVID-19 tests or masks are in violation of federal law, and will likely face lawsuits if they don’t allow exemptions or alternatives.”

I am just waiting for the fall out. Class action suits over this will likely take years to evolve.

Edited by pwrslm

So am I. I really hate moral absolutism. It’s inflexibility resembles a similar framework to that of the morals of a 6 yr old. I hope they lose every ruling.