VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA mandates ALL health care etc,etc must be vaccinated.

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, just got mine also. IMHO it's about time. Either that, or find a place to work that will prevent them from spreading Covid to already compromised veterans.

I don't know about the medical side, but we on the benefits side are almost all vaccinated at this point and have been for awhile. We weren't mandated to do so but we've been pretty bullish about it, and they are down to scraping the corners of the flour drawer to find people that aren't. 

My neighbor called me yesterday because the results of some tests were done at the local VAMC and I told him of the Vaccine mandate at VHA regarding their VAMCs etc.

I said 'I actually thought all VA medical providers had been vaccinated'- and he was stunned to learn that some have not been yet.

I might have already mentioned- when I saw my PCP doctor last week (Non VA health care) the secretary asked for proof of my vaccine to scan into the system and then my doctor asked for it to scan somewhere else-I guess one of the scans was for CDC or whoever does a vaccine count, as my county health department does.

We all need to be careful, I think, even if vaccinated