Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

VA mandates ALL health care etc,etc must be vaccinated.

Berta

Question

14 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, I just got the email. 

CAS

Yup, just got mine also. IMHO it's about time. Either that, or find a place to work that will prevent them from spreading Covid to already compromised veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know about the medical side, but we on the benefits side are almost all vaccinated at this point and have been for awhile. We weren't mandated to do so but we've been pretty bullish about it, and they are down to scraping the corners of the flour drawer to find people that aren't. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Sucks- im sorry to hear it. 

• Like 1

My neighbor called me yesterday because the results of some tests were done at the local VAMC and I told him of the Vaccine mandate at VHA regarding their VAMCs etc.

I said 'I actually thought all VA medical providers had been vaccinated'- and he was stunned to learn that some have not been yet.

I might have already mentioned- when I saw my PCP doctor last week (Non VA health care) the secretary asked for proof of my vaccine to scan into the system and then my doctor asked for it to scan somewhere else-I guess one of the scans was for CDC or whoever does a vaccine count, as my county health department does.

We all need to be careful, I think, even if vaccinated

I find it peculiar that they would do this. The COVID vaccines are classified as experimental.

The nature of the beast says that nobody should be forced to chose between their job and any experimental vaccine. I find the moral stance offensive.

• Like 1

• HadIt.com Elder

The only reason they are still experimental is because the review period for them wasn’t waived. If you work in health care, you get vaccinated. Anything less is irresponsible. They do have a choice- vaccinate or find something else. Same choice private medical has.  Pretty much every state is an at will state so it’s not a discriminatory act because other employers are requiring it too. . I haven’t heard a peep from the Union either and if there was something they didn’t agree with they would have raised it months ago. 

Would you have the same morally offensive stance if you or another veteran went to a VHA facility and was infected, got sick, or potentially died? especially if it could be traced to one or more non vaccinated employees?

Edited by brokensoldier244th
  • Haha 1

Occupational,safety and health! People have rights to work in a safe health atmosphere trumps how someone feel.  You don’t like working in a hospital get in different line of work.  You don’t believe is science don’t inter the science of   field study.  No one has the right to endanger other people health 

• Haha 1

“Federal law, Title 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(e)(1)(A)(ii)(I-III) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, states the following about products granted emergency authorization usage:

Individuals to whom the product is administered are informed—

(I) that the Secretary has authorized the emergency use of the product;

(II) of the significant known and potential benefits and risks of such use, and of the extent to which such benefits and risks are unknown; and

(III) of the option to accept or refuse administration of the product, of the consequences, if any, of refusing administration of the product, and of the alternatives to the product that are available and of their benefits and risks.

Any entity or organization that requires EUA COVID-19 vaccinations, COVID-19 tests or masks are in violation of federal law, and will likely face lawsuits if they don’t allow exemptions or alternatives.”

I am just waiting for the fall out. Class action suits over this will likely take years to evolve.

Edited by pwrslm

• HadIt.com Elder

So am I. I really hate moral absolutism. It’s inflexibility resembles a similar framework to that of the morals of a 6 yr old. I hope they lose every ruling. 

• Like 1

While I have already been vaccinated for some time, I agree I find government mandates on health care offensive.  

But Broken soldier has a point..if you were a patient of a doc or nurse, and you got infected from the unvaccinated nurse, then that is a problem.

However, my VA treats "everyone" like they are a "loaded gun", and everyone takes precautions and wears a mask vaccinated or no.  

So, you should not get infected from a nurse "who follows protocols" even if that nurse is infected.  

This would be true of "every disease".  Nurses are not required to have tetanus shots, but its possible you get infected with tetanus or other diseases "in the hospital".  

When I got my knee surgury, my knee surgeon explained "why" I only stayed in the hospital one day:  Your chances at getting infected at the hospital are far worse than at home.  

This means to prevent infections, we need to stay out of the hospital.  My son had a severe cut, and wound up with MRSA almost certainly from the hospital which treated him to PREVENT infections.  This is not uncommon..MRSA is spread in hospitals and can well be deadly.  

We have to walk a "thin line" between philogeny and ontogeny.  (the rights of the group vs the individual rights).  There is even a movie about it.  

While I agree that a community "must be protected" against a mad man with a gun, and I agree shooting the man with the gun is sometimes necessary to protect members of the community, this idea can be carried too far.  

There is a "sweet spot" in between the individuals rights and the rights of the group (community) where both are served well.  God operates "in that sweet spot.  

• Like 1

• HadIt.com Elder

Bronc- What movie? I love movies that deal with things like this!