Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heads up with VA mail delays.

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Be advised that the VARO's are experiencing mail delays of 30 days or longer (Much Longer in some cases). Some of these documents are time sensitive so read them carefully and call the VA to explain you received it Late. Otherwise if you miss a deadline, its too bad. Next week, I am asking  Congress to get the VA to send time sensitive documents / Letters with reply by dates via Fed Ex until this mail fiasco is solved and as long as this COVID scare is around that seems to be a long time.

Its a constitutionally required office. Its not going anywhere anytime soon. 

VA documents are all already being extended 90 days automatically in 30 day increments, and at 90, should it still be subject to GPO delay, continuously in 30 day increments until we hear otherwise. 90 days at the time we got the email from higher up telling us it was a problem was an estimate on the part of the GPO, not a deadline. 

I've been surprised by USPS lately. I'm getting stuff more quickly, usually in 3 or 4 days from places around the country. Doesn't the VBA use an outside clearing house (contractor) and that is causing the mail delays?

This is like beating a dead horse.

But, for the record, I can order a waterpump from rockauto on Sunday and it arrives Tuesday morning.

There is absolutely no reason, a Veteran should not be able to get their C-File in 3 days.  Period.

Recieve the request, copy on a cd, put in mail, arrive 2 days later.  Anywhere in the continental US.  

No excuses, 

Hamslice

Explain to me how delaying the process more than 3 days, expidites the process. When it only obviously compounds the problem.

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can

This is really crazy everyone understand they get there regular mail in 3 days.

To try and let the va blame it on USPS or a contractor is bull.

An I don't understand why ppl are trying to explain it..

Everybody got there yearly benfit statement in the mail look at the date on it mines any take no 30 day to get here. 7 days

So to say the va has a problem send decision or notification letters. Is bull.

Ppl it is all part of a new va system in my opinion. To not granted and take away benfits.

Veterans can call can't get copy of comp exam can't get decision in the mail.

Veterans are now seen by SSI and workman comp exam doctor's

I don't see how any of this is helping veterans or make the process faster.

There ordering comp exam for all veterans condition if you put in for a increase or have any type of claim.

I see the writing on the wall.

There will be so many veterans in the appeal process it will get crazy.

In the next few years.