• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I found this quiet Interesting supreme court decison

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

click the link to read about this.

https://usmilitary.org/supreme-court-decision-may-affect-veterans-across-the-us-wave-disability-deadline-for-thousands/

From the Article

The United States Supreme Court has decided to take up a case that could have major ramifications for thousands of veterans.

The case involves a Navy veteran who believes his disability compensation from the VA should have begun from the date he left the military, not when he filed the paperwork.

The Supreme Court’s decision could result in a large number of veterans receiving back pay on their disability compensation, many of whom waited years to file their claims. Read Full Article Here

• Greeter

I think money loss is going to be a big deterrent in this case. That’s a lot of retro to pay if awarded

• HadIt.com Elder

There is Constitutional support in Section 4 of the 14th Amendment on the costs.

• HadIt.com Elder
4 minutes ago, Dot09 said:

Let’s hope so because I will be sure to throw in my claim

You can throw in a motion at the BVA to join in my BVA Appeal on the appropriate motion(s).  Reference my name and date of the motion you are joining.  You won't have to wait as long because the decision will probably easily be changed on the outcome of Arrellano. 

• Greeter

Am correct with stating that equatable tolling was a factor in why I did not file my claim sooner? Because of my mental health condition. 

Edited by Dot09

• Greeter

I originally filed in 2009 but I was discharged in 2004. I had many mental health conditions going on that prevented me from filing sooner.