• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I found this quiet Interesting supreme court decison

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

click the link to read about this.

https://usmilitary.org/supreme-court-decision-may-affect-veterans-across-the-us-wave-disability-deadline-for-thousands/

From the Article

The United States Supreme Court has decided to take up a case that could have major ramifications for thousands of veterans.

The case involves a Navy veteran who believes his disability compensation from the VA should have begun from the date he left the military, not when he filed the paperwork.

The Supreme Court’s decision could result in a large number of veterans receiving back pay on their disability compensation, many of whom waited years to file their claims. Read Full Article Here

Good.  Any one affected permanently by the Military needs top health care outside of the worthless VA and commensurate compensation for total and illegal garbage that affected them.  I hope it bankrupts Congress, so that Congress has to cede pay to pay for it all.  Any one out there that had to struggle and then had to fight the VA, hopefully SCOTUS has your score coming.  Long time coming.  Citizen and government, don't thank me, I don't care about your yellow ribbon, put your money where your mouth is, FIX THE VA and make sure struggling Veterans receive proper compensation.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
23 hours ago, InfantryAndIntel said:

Good.  Any one affected permanently by the Military needs top health care outside of the worthless VA and commensurate compensation for total and illegal garbage that affected them.  I hope it bankrupts Congress, so that Congress has to cede pay to pay for it all.  Any one out there that had to struggle and then had to fight the VA, hopefully SCOTUS has your score coming.  Long time coming.  Citizen and government, don't thank me, I don't care about your yellow ribbon, put your money where your mouth is, FIX THE VA and make sure struggling Veterans receive proper compensation.

You covered a lot of ground there. Regarding the George v. McDonough decision in this topic, I checked the Supreme Court page and they still have not issued an opinion on it. I really hope this guy wins...

So does this (if they go in favor of the veteran), in effect, equate to a retrospective look of all veterans discharge date vs. filing vs. approval of claims date?

If so, get ready for the current inflation to go up, because that's a massive A: undertaking, and B: cost to the government to catch up every veteran that's got the delta for the aforementioned. Unless they turn it into another TRC and make vets apply for and "ask" for an approval. Then the VA will just find a way to arbitrarily deny claims. 🙄