Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES C&P Examiner Rant and Defensive Actions During My Examine

Rate this question

GulfWarVet1990

Question

Good evening, one thing have a I learned throughout my years of C & P exams is to not to argue with the examiner. 

However, no one ever told me how to handle an argumentative examiner. 

First off, C & P Exam is for a 20 year NOD that was never adjudicated. (you might have seen my previous post)

About 7 conditions all related to Gulf War and Environmental Hazard Exposure.

Gulf War included - Chronic Fatigue and Joint Pains. 

I had a C & P exam today with a VES contracted Provider for what I thought would be an examination for all the conditions that were not adjudicated. 

I called Veterans Evaluation Services (VES) in advanced and  inquired which conditions were on the schedule, of which they listed all that were not adjudicated. 

So during the exam the doctorr did not ask me about CFS or GF issues, so I asked him if they were on the list, and if he will be examining or asking questions re: aforementioned.

OMG - he ranted on and on about he did not need to examine me for these conditions because I did not have a diagnosis.  And why he did not need to examine me for the conditions. I have no idea what he said after that because I totally shut down.

He never answered my question although i asked him twice if CFS was on the list of conditions for examination. I left the appointment more stressed than when I arrived. 

He also spent a lot of time explaining himself about how many Veterans he has examined, how many years he has been a contractor with VA, how poorly kept other examination offices were, etc. All unnecessary and irrelevant. 

He also asked me questions that were not relevant to my exam such as "if my family lived in the area, am I from the area, and how do I feel about the war in Ukraine". Totally not professional. He also gave unsolicited stories  about some of his patients, and their conditions, I guess to let me know he was familiar with VA examinations. 

I've never come across someone as unprofessional as he in a long time.  

Can anyone tell me where I can report this "provider" for his unprofessional behavior?

Thank you. 

Edited by GulfWarVet1990
typo

I have had the same situation a month ago. 

You should have received a letter from VES prior to your eval. On that letter, should have a website for a survey. 

I also complained on VA website. 

Shortly afterwards, I had gotten another survey in the mail. 

I posted recently that the VA had sent me to two different LHI C & P exams. When I arrived, I asked both examiners, what was the appointments for and why was I there. They both told me that I filed a claim for increase in my disabilities and I informed them that I did not file for an increase in my disabilities because I was already maxed out and have been for well over a decade. I then told them the only claims I filed where claims for earlier effective dates because the VA failed to review my entire medical records when they decided my claims and based on the VA regulations, I requested earlier effective dates due to VAMC medical records that were never considered and adjudicated, and I wanted the VA to correct my pay. After I explained this both examiners were willing to listen and review my evidence and both wrote favorable excellent medical opinions and rationale that the VA completely ignored.

These earlier effective dates go back to my original claim based on 38 CFR 3.156(A) and the BVA has already granted one of my correct effective dates, but I am waiting for them to correct my current rating percentage to match that effective date. The VA in their way of doing things do not always explain to the examiner why the exams are being requested and needed,  a lot and I do mean a lot of people think that if you are TDIU or 100% scheduler, there is no more benefits to be gained but that is not true with unadjudicated claims or claims for earlier effective dates which could still generate/garner a retroactive payment for that date to the present and it can add up.

As to any disagreements you can inform the VES and you can file a VA Form 21-4138 Statement in Support of your claim and write down if you feel that you should get another medical examination and or a different provider.

Thanks MrPain7, unfortunately I am unable to open the link. Is this a link to complete a survey to rate C&P exam.

https://www. research.net/r/VBAMDESURVEY

Thanks packmanx1, I was truly rattled by his behavior. 

"Can anyone tell me where I can report this "provider" for his unprofessional behavior?"

I didnt read the whole thread- someone might have already advised this:

Check out the xaminer  by name at google to see if he is really a doctor. If he is a doctor see if he has any expertise in your type of disability.

You can report him to LHI ,their contact info is here under a search, but I think you should also call the White House Veterans Hot line-

1- 855-948-2311

I got many posthumous C & P exams on my dead husband.They were all VA BS.

In the last one, the examiner said it was an "inperson exam".

By then my husband had been dead for over 20 years. I raised all sorts of hell.

I have contacted Sec Mcdough on some problems VA has, but another situation has prevented me from having the time to do that regarding these C & P quacks.

Here is the email I use to reach him.

denis.mcdonough@va.gov