Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1 Month Elapsed Since Decision, No Decision Letter

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I have a case number with the VA Whitehouse  Hotline.

I have a case number for a congressional Inquiry.

I have a complaint submitted to the VAOIG.

I have called the VA toll free number multiple times to no avail.

Did I cover all the bases?

• Adminstrator

Mine took 6 months.  I had to contact my senator (all 3 of them)  I got one of their assistants to help me and within a week I got my decision and the change in benefits.  I did wait the 6 months, which I should have done the above sooner!  

Edited by shrekthetank1

VA.gov said I filed a new claim on March 17, 2022.

I have not filed a claim

I asked for the Feb. 24, 2022 decision letter which VA.gov says was mailed.

This new March 17, 2022 claim does not show what the claim is for.

I called the 800 VA number and was advised the VA is doing a tracer on the money deposited into my bank.

Was also told the new claim was "internal" but I didn't think that this is possible.

I always thought a vet had to file a claim for benefits

Edited by 63Charlie

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes the VA may run audits and make corrections. If you have a power of attorney with a VSO, they can file claims on your behalf, but because they told you it was internal, I doubt the POA did that. Also, POA's tend to keep you in the loop.

The 1-800 number can look in the system and see if a letter was actually generated. They generally want to talk with you about its results until you have a copy in hand. If you have power of attorney with a VSO, like American Legion, DAV, VFW, or your state VA office, they have accredited agents who can log into the VA's system and print the decision letter for you.

I can almost promise you the VA's response:   

We are very sorry for any delays.  Due to covid 19, as well as new regulations beginning Feb, 2019, delays have been unavoidable.  

If congress would just give VA more money, the problem can be solved.  

The VA has been blaming congress, covid, the weather, or even  Veterans for decades, or anything else, for decades.  Delays are always in VA's favor.  Always.  

1.  If the VA delays you long enough you die or give up.  

2.  Even if your claim succeeds, the VA gets an interest free loan and they get another opportunity to hornswaggle you on effective date or lowball you.  

Got a call from a staffer about my Congressional Inquiry this morning.

What a strange coincidence that my appeal for multiple issues has been sitting idle at the BVA for three years, and suddenly, today, my appeal is in front of a veterans law judge at the Board.

About the decision letter issue, the staffer has reached out to the CAVC, BVA, and the Regional Office.

Will know something soon she said.

About the new claim(3/17/22), I still don't know anything yet other than I didn't file it.

It doesn't say what the issues are on VA.gov

Can the VA automatically increase my rating via this new claim if the evidence supports a higher level of SMC?

I don't have a representative..BTW.

VA sent me a new medical release form for me to sign and I threw it in the trash. 

They already have 5000 pages in my C file.

Edited by 63Charlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Bronco

Ain't it the truth!  If VA makes a mistake they take it out of your AZZ.  They make a business out of being slow and incompetent.  You get retro and wait years and they pay no penalty for that!  I owed the VA about $250 once from an overpayment on G. I. Bill.  They hounded me and threatened me for months.  If they had owed me $100,000 I would not have heard a word.  If your claim is resolved quickly consider yourself very lucky.