Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Hardship Requests

Rate this question

Josh

Question

Greeting fellow Hadit members,

Quick question… Can the Service Officer assigned to your claim submit a request for action on you behalf? In this case it is an 1151 and I want to request it be moved up on the list due to hardship reasons. They have said I can request this by sending a note to them but can the VA SO assigned submit this letter on my behalf since he has POA (Power of Attorney)?

Thanks

Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I just noted in your post Berta you wrote

...and only my trolls come aboard now as guests-but they are OK....

hmmm Guest Trolls are OK. :rolleyes:

BTW Just how does one tell a guest troll from a real troll.

this has got to bring on some jokes... he he he

Good Night all

Please take care of all close and dear...

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

Josh,

GREAT pics (of Columbia, not the MRI - that's just down right out spooky). I'm a newbie and was taken aback by what all you wrote about your healthcare situation with VA. I am so sorry that you have not been taken care of better by the VA. I can't offer any advice as I'm completely ignorant of the VA rigamarole and am here reading the posts to learn more and asking multiple questions myself but I do want you to know that there are other vets out here in hadit.com cyberspace who, even if they can't help you out, are in your (and your wife's) corner.

Hang in there and please keep us posted on your physical and adminstrative progress.

tssnave

Berta,

I take it from your post that there were some problems a while back that made you decide to quit using your pm/email here at hadit.com. That explains why I couldn't get a pm to you from your profile.

However, I have to ask - who or what are your "trolls" ?? It's late, I can't sleep, and I have visions of little naked creatures with long brightly colored hair sticking straight up........... surely there is another meaning to the word troll that I'm unaware of.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

ts

I need to clarify what I call Trolls-

I have been in the electronic vets community for 20 years.Prior to the internet it was Vet Link-modem to modem- and I have done claims work at many sites-to include Stars and Stripes Digital.

I personally know a few people who come here as guests -and access my posts -just to have some contact wih me-I usually no longer respond to their emails or phone calls-for example -

a ex boy friend, an ex vet rep, and a neighbor who has nothing better to do than check up on me-he wants me to get involved in a local political issue and does not understand I just dont have the time.

(and a long lost "relative" who always wants money)

I am grateful for the fact that guests can access our posts-

I have given the site info to many vets and some are just reluctant to actually join but they sure get a lot of help just by reading the posts.

Many local vets have told me that-and

they dont have to join like some vet sites require.

We all have to realise that many of us can Google our own names and get tracking info on ourselves-so

others can do that too-

In the days when emails were on our posts at hadit- I used to get more claims email questions from members here than questions on the board.

It sort of defeats the purpose of a public forum where many might get an answer and not just one vet.

And it also can open us up to all sorts of other problems too----I could write a book on that-

Still- dont lose sleep over my trolls-I know them all. They are harmless.

The VA itself- in my opinion- inspite of all the data theft stuff-

can be trusted in 99.9 % or better-of the time to respect your personal info.

A rep at the VA told me someone had actually tried to get info on my

file there-years ago-I dont know if that was true-

The 800s would always ask me many questions to prove who I was when I checked the status of my claim-by phone-I am grateful that they do that.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta,

Thanks for the explanation of trolls and why you don't accept private messages from the board. Makes sense.

Perhaps sixthscents can put them all in a sock for you! ;-)

Thanks again for your posts (and U26),

ts

Edited by tssnave