Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More LHI venting

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

OK here to vent again. I've had some crappy appointments setup from LHI but this one is the worst. When you fill out online in your account it asks if you are willing to travel more than 50 miles. I of course said no to this. Well I got my voicemail from them today. Out of state over 2 hours away and 109 miles. WTF. Really? I do not understand. This is for a hearing test and I can google probably 30 places within 20-30 minutes from where I live. I wish I could talk to someone higher about this stuff. Venting over. Thanks

Scheduling exams to meet the veteran's need should be the only requirement. I doubt anyone really cares what the vetean thinks. The VA doesn't want the responsibility of C/P exams anymore so the contract most out. The contractors do not care as much as some VA doctor might.  The VA never told me I could only reschedule an appointment one time, and the contractors likely don't have such a requirement either, they just say they do.  Personally, I would rather go to the Local VA for a C/P exam  for to reasons, the distance, and its eaiser to get a copy of the exam. The va is usually closer to my home.  Contractors have told me they don't have anything available except an appointment located 150 miles ( one way) other times its 75 Miles one way. I tell these contractors if you cannot find me an appointment within a 30 minute drive, call me back when you can. The main thing is to make sure you show up or cancel the appointment and reschedule it. If you don't show up the va can and will in most cases, decided the claim on what is in the medical record.  Complaining may make you feel better, but it won't accomplish anything in the end. And the terrible reinbursement rate for miles driven has never been realistic, its worse now because of the cost of gas.  Anyway we have to pick our fights, and this is one area, where I don't think fighting accomplishes anything.

Well I really feel different and veterans need to complaint to Congress and white house hotline.

The contract didn't stop VA from doing comp exam at VA hospital.

Until I see it in black an white. It ain't true.

I had my claim send to VA hospital and lhi and qtc.

And believe me there is a big difference.

I don't care if I had cab service paid for I ain't traveling 3 hr to be in the office for 45 mins an than drive 3 hr back.

So it's up to each veteran how they attack it.

Me personally why would I travel that far when my VA hospital that care for me is 15 mins away.

And like I said once I complaint to Whitehouse hotline they fix it and it was send to VA hospital.

I even uploaded a statement because these place are playing with veterans claims.

Good luck with the exam

I've gone to my local VA for everything except C&P exams. They've never given me the option for that. They are 25 minutes from my house. I would enjoy that too much lol. 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:36 AM, Mr cue said:

We're is it write you got one time to cancel there appointment. I like to see this 

Mr. Cue I knew I saw it somewhere. Its on LHI's email appointment schedule. They have now canceled my appointment without notifying me which is my one cancellation and scheduled me out to August 12 still 1 1/2 hour away. Now we are fighting the long lead time and the distance. I guess they will win again because if they have one far away and in June I'll take it because I don't want this to drag me through summer. Lame

20220601_055253.jpg

Well this why I said upload a statement.

An call the white house hotline to complaint about the distance. Also tell them you have a VA hospital that is closer 

The complaint will be seen to the VA an they have to respond.

An I beat they will send it to VA hospital or s closer place.

I was in the same boat with qtc and lhi

I have emailed the White House. Unfortunately I cannot make phone calls due to my hearing loss but my Congresswoman and the White House have emails from me. I don't think it will do anything for me but I hoping with other complaints it gets better for everyone someday. I know between Friday and Last night my wife and I have over 2 hours of phone time with LHI and still haven't reached a solution and my 1 cancellation has been processed without me canceling. Its been real fun.