Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More LHI venting

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

OK here to vent again. I've had some crappy appointments setup from LHI but this one is the worst. When you fill out online in your account it asks if you are willing to travel more than 50 miles. I of course said no to this. Well I got my voicemail from them today. Out of state over 2 hours away and 109 miles. WTF. Really? I do not understand. This is for a hearing test and I can google probably 30 places within 20-30 minutes from where I live. I wish I could talk to someone higher about this stuff. Venting over. Thanks

Smh I would and I would tell them I am not traveling two hours for no appointments.

Which the veteran stated he did and they still order the appointment.

So now disabled veterans are to find transportation to get there VA benefits.

An no one see anything wrong here

Ok I am just going to leave it alone

• HadIt.com Elder
On 5/27/2022 at 12:31 AM, Mr cue said:

See this is why I am going to stop offering my take on things.

Because why would a person tell a veteran not to document things and file there complaint 

Because where did anyone stated the white house hotline was going to change anything.

I don't think it will get a veteran notice by calling the white house hotline.

I think there would be a complaint document in the system with all the other complaints about these private contractor exams. An maybe once they see all these complaints address it.

As I stated upload a statement tell the VA you are not traveling a 100 miles for a comp exam. It will become part of your record.

So if you call lhi like I did and they send it back to va stating you refuse a exam.

But never stated they offer a exam  100 miles away.

It is all documented. An the VA will fix it real quick 

Or you can call and see if they have something closer and hope they do the right thing.

Without document anything your choose.smh

FYI. The White House Hot Line is ran by the VA. I have seen action on very serious issues that have occurred. A C and P exam scheduled at the request of the RO to a Contractor Although it may be an inconvenience to a veteran, it may be the only available examiner available. Personally I have had great success with LHI, QTC and VES since 2020.  And every time you call the hotline, they inquire at your Regional Office. There is a person at that RO who's job it is to get the message. Like I said, You will get noticed. Good Luck and hang in there. 

Ok? For everyone why did they start private contractor comp exam.

Was it that some veterans didn't live near hospital or to far away.

Ok did the VA say stop scheduling veterans at the VA hospital were get rid of all comp exams at the hospital.

Is there still comp and pen at the VA hospital yes.

Ok if they are just ordering private contractor exams for everyone. I think there a problem.

One of the VA rater here has stated the VA are to look if there is a VA hospital near that will do the exam.

Before ordering a private exam.

Well like I said more veterans need to complaint to the white house hotline so we can put them on notice.

• HadIt.com Elder

I did much better with LHI than with VA exam doctors.  I never met a LHI exam doctor that told me that Vietnam vets often fake DMII just to get money.  A VA exam doctor told me Vietnam vets get fat on purpose just to get DMII money.  Can you believe it.

I hear you all on the arguments. I can get to my appointments believe me, but I know other veterans could not get so far away for appointments. My gripe is how they take all the times (which are not a lot) that I cannot make and make sure my appointment is during the time frame I specifically told them I cannot make. My wife and I were on the phone with LHI for 58 minutes on Friday trying to get closer than 2 1/2 hours away. We ended up getting 1 1/2 hours away which is still absurd. Can't even get a standard hearing test in my home state. Anyways before we were able to get everything scheduled the call got disconnected SMH! I still have no idea where and when my appointment will be.  My complaint is getting a congressional inquiry which usually leads to something happening. We will see. I could battle for a ride to an appointment but its not worth my time. If I have to travel so far in the middle of the day I need to miss a day of work. That really hits me hard. I will keep everyone in the loop. Thanks for listening.