VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More LHI venting

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

OK here to vent again. I've had some crappy appointments setup from LHI but this one is the worst. When you fill out online in your account it asks if you are willing to travel more than 50 miles. I of course said no to this. Well I got my voicemail from them today. Out of state over 2 hours away and 109 miles. WTF. Really? I do not understand. This is for a hearing test and I can google probably 30 places within 20-30 minutes from where I live. I wish I could talk to someone higher about this stuff. Venting over. Thanks

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Did LHI send you a letter with their phone number? They sent me one, but I can't dig up the number for you because it is still boxed up since my recent move. You should be able to call them and ask about it. If not, call Peggy and ask for a different exam location.

Call the white house hotline an complaint. Tell them you are not and can't travel that far.

Write a statement an upload it now stating you are not able to travel 100 miles away for a hearing test.

An if lhi mess around an say you denied the exam better was to far.

You have evidence in your record about it. And the white house hotline complaint to back you up.

They try this with me and the VA fix it real quick.

Ever veteran that has a problem with the private contractor exams need to do this.

We got start complaining 

I have their # and will be calling with my wife for sure. It doesn't make any sense to me. I also complained to my Congresswoman again. I have asked them to do an investigation on LHI. I doubt it will happen but I tried anyways.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just call them and ask if they have anything closer to your location?  They should be able to accommodate your needs. Calling the White House Hotline will only get you noticed and nothing else. 

1 hour ago, jbasser said:

Calling the White House Hotline will only get you noticed and nothing else

See this is why I am going to stop offering my take on things.

Because why would a person tell a veteran not to document things and file there complaint 

Because where did anyone stated the white house hotline was going to change anything.

I don't think it will get a veteran notice by calling the white house hotline.

I think there would be a complaint document in the system with all the other complaints about these private contractor exams. An maybe once they see all these complaints address it.

As I stated upload a statement tell the VA you are not traveling a 100 miles for a comp exam. It will become part of your record.

So if you call lhi like I did and they send it back to va stating you refuse a exam.

But never stated they offer a exam  100 miles away.

It is all documented. An the VA will fix it real quick 

Or you can call and see if they have something closer and hope they do the right thing.

Without document anything your choose.smh

• Greeter

Yeah that sucks. I think you get one freebie to cancel your appointment. I know it shouldn’t count against you but it does. You were very clear what you wanted. They did the same thing to me but put me for mourning vs afternoon.

here’s there site where you can create a account but you should call in. Sorry I can’t remember their number.

https://lhi.care/start

best of luck

866-933-8387

Edited by Dot09