Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Avoiding VA Contact

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

I have a % that I am very happy with but would like to avoid any communication with VA that will 'trigger' any digging into my file. As you can see, I have trust issues with VA. 

I want to call in to request decision letters for each disability (and to also see if VA has requested C&P exam for anything).  *Does this awake the sleeping giant to dig into my file?

I avoid benefits such as free toll-road fees for disabled vets in Texas. Is this sensible or too paranoid?

I have Tricare for my family (Reservist) but am paying out of pocket (cash/not using insurance) for my vasectomy. Because I don't want them linking me getting a vasectomy to the mental health rating.

Is this all sensible or am I being too paranoid?

8 hours ago, Dustoff 11 said:

Vync and Glashute I agree with you completely.

Dustoff, do you mean you agree with me being 'extra cautious' about these 2 topics?

1. I want to call in to request decision letters for each disability (and to also see if VA has requested C&P exam for anything).  *Does this awake the sleeping giant to dig into my file?

2. I have Tricare for my family (Reservist) but am paying out of pocket (cash/not using insurance) for my vasectomy. Because I don't want them linking me getting a vasectomy to my mental health rating improving or something. 

Simple.

Go to your local County Veterans Service Officer and have him/her look into your file and have them print out what you are looking for.  Don't get too gready, just what you need.  Their resources are more limited than the VA.  And, they don't work for the VA, they are appointed and paid for by the County or State.  In WI, I believe every County has one.  

About the only bitch I have with the VA is they are slow moving.  A lot of Veterans on Veteran's forums have legit complaints, however, I think that they are fewer than one would believe.  Not many come to forums to say every is great, i.e.  I came to HADIT to get past a couple sticking points and a better understanding of the VA comp system.  Too many Veterans don't get the benifits they deserve or apply for increase when they should, and a bunch won't do anything at all (like my brother) to even start the process for compensation or benifits, because "someone" told them to avoid the VA at all costs, etc.

I treat the VA health system and the VA claims system, while seperate, go hand in hand when getting care and getting additional compensation for my maladies.  I got to about 60% when I was using private doctors, but when I went to only VA doctors, with their medical reports on my conditions, I was able to ask for increases, and went to 100% P&T over time.  If they were in cahoots, I doubt I would have gotten any increases.

Go talk to your CVSO and get your stuff,

Claim it,

Carl

Edited by Carl the Engineer
cause I can

10 minutes ago, Carl the Engineer said:

Simple.

Go to your local County Veterans Service Officer and have him/her look into your file and have them print out what you are looking for.  Don't get too gready, just what you need.  Their resources are more limited than the VA.  And, they don't work for the VA, they are appointed and paid for by the County or State.  In WI, I believe every County has one.  

About the only bitch I have with the VA is they are slow moving.  A lot of Veterans on Veteran's forums have legit complaints, however, I think that they are fewer than one would believe.  Not many come to forums to say every is great, i.e.  I came to HADIT to get past a couple sticking points and a better understanding of the VA comp system.  Too many Veterans don't get the benifits they deserve or apply for increase when they should, and a bunch won't do anything at all (like my brother) to even start the process for compensation or benifits, because "someone" told them to avoid the VA at all costs, etc.

I treat the VA health system and the VA claims system, while seperate, go hand in hand when getting care and getting additional compensation for my maladies.  I got to about 60% when I was using private doctors, but when I went to only VA doctors, with their medical reports on my conditions, I was able to ask for increases, and went to 100% P&T over time.  If they were in cahoots, I doubt I would have gotten any increases.

Go talk to your CVSO and get your stuff,

Claim it,

Carl

Very good advice thank you. 

Can they obtain documents such as decision letters for each disability? 

Do they ever report things to the VA? For example, if I have a rating for anxiety but is controlled by medications and then the county VSO sees me as 'normal' when I am on meds...can he/she message the VA and say something like  "I believe this veteran to not have anxiety in my opinion from my interaction"

Just now, glashutte said:

Very good advice thank you. 

Can they obtain documents such as decision letters for each disability? 

Do they ever report things to the VA? For example, if I have a rating for anxiety but is controlled by medications and then the county VSO sees me as 'normal' when I am on meds...can he/she message the VA and say something like  "I believe this veteran to not have anxiety in my opinion from my interaction"

Yes, they can see your Efolder and get things. Will they have time to do so? Well........that's a different thing altogether.

No- they are not medical people any more than we (VSRs) are, and they have have no place in the claims process other than to help you facilitate filing claims- why would they report otherwise?