Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA different higher normal HBP/HTN for vets

Rate this question

Dustoff1970

Question

No surprise.  A just completed C&P exam for Hypertension, the examiner informed me that the VA is well behind the civilian health care system in using a higher number for normal blood pressure readings.  Civilian health care considers 120 over 70 to be normal reading whereas he said VA only recognizes a higher number of 160 over 90.  This of course adversely effects amount of disability compensation for vets.

• HadIt.com Elder

I take 4 HBP meds and it is still high.  I made my claim and got a C&P exam a month ago.  Why the VA waits I don't know since I am a Nam vet.  I am going to get any extra money, but I still want SC for it.  My other presumptive claims went very fast since the facts were not at issue.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you put in a pending claim for htn and your a Vietnam veteran, the VA isn't going to process it until January 2023. It doesn't matter if you claimed presumptive or not, they won't because they have a 4 months pass to delay because of the PACT Act. nWe gotta live by the VA rules whether we like it or not.

That is what I said in my earlier post is they would defer or hold it until then.  I am in no hurry as I have combined VA rating of 250 and P&T 100 plus SMC-S.  A zero percent rating is fine with me and has value to me.