Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I am just so tired

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

I never knew that it would be so much red tape to file for a VA claim.

A young healthy 18 year old that wanted to join the military, passed the physical with flying colors. Wanted to make my parents proud of my foe my accomplishments. Esp my dad because he did over 25 years active Air Force.

Drill Sergeants are your first and everlasting impression. I know because I was one. The last thing that you want to do is piss a DI off. Never complained of anything to include pain. 

Get to my first duty station, the brain washing still continues. If you are dedicated, you will not complain. If you complain, Chapter is thrown in your face. My days in service, if you didn't cut it, you could face QMP. Do your job, don't go to sick call and your job and you will be just fine.

All of the years of physical and mental abuse to your body, vets file a claim. What do VA do, deny. 

I think that VA has put more stress on vets with the claim process that we should be compensated just for the stress from the VA. Look at Mr Cue and others, years of fighting and stress has taken some time off of their life.

I am so tired.

Fine, Cue. You are right, everyone else is wrong. *smh*

Claims and transaction suspense dates are not just monitored by humans, and attempting to game them is more work than it would be worth rather than just working the claim. I've tested it as part of various software upgrades to VBMS over the last three years. 

The chances of successfully gaming them is low to almost non-existent. Those that do get a warning and mandatory retraining on suspense dates. After that, you are fired. There is no benefit to a rater repeatedly pushing a claim off without rating it. 90% of their job performance and scoring is based on rated, completed claims, not claims pushed off into the ether. You can't just assign a random suspense date to a claim that isn't tracking an action- a letter, and exam, a request to the veteran for information - all of that is tracked, not by humans. Did a letter go out? Did a phone call get made? (the can track our individual phone records, even working at home). Is there an exam pending? Its all tracked multiple ways. Please reference the report you are talking about- Id be interested in reading it.

OIG can find anything if it looks hard enough out of millions of claims. They literally justify their existence by finding things wrong.

Last I am not about to go down the road of the VA does everything right.

An everybody is wrong even oig.

If one rater look at a case and order exams and then another rater gets the case and say they need a different exam.

Back in the national que you go

Then it come to another rater who never look at the case again 

Who is to stop the process.

A computer program?

How many time can a claim appeal be return to the national que.

Doesn't seem helpful to me 

Why not let the same rater who order exam finish the process they look over the claim appeal. It should stay in they workload until they complete it.

Since they need more exams so bad.

Its just more games and delay the veteran affairs has put in a veteran way.

I didn’t have any military buddy statement either. Most of us had no idea we might need evidence later. Why would we be thinking about that? Most recent veterans wouldn’t seek help with PTSD symptoms out of fear of being medically discharged. The VA needs to relax in regards to combat combat injuries; both physical and stress related. Unfortunately, expensive independent medical opinions are often needed and the cost is up front. I’m grateful that I was able to establish service-connection without that. However, when I was severely underrated by the VA, I paid for an outside medical opinion to apply for an increase, which was granted. So in my case, it was absolutely worth it. It’s not a guarantee it will help though. I’ll never forget the frustration and anger I felt for so many years. The VBA and VHA are completely separated, yet you can’t get your VA doc to write a nexus letter; even more frustrating since they’re the ones that know you best.

• HadIt.com Elder

Without my IME's I would never have gotten to 100% P&T.  It took years just to go from 10% to 30%, but the lightbulb came on at that point.  In my original claim in 1972 I had a terrific IME, but the VA chose to just ignore it. That sort of destroyed my faith in IME's for a number of years.  Back in 2001 I became totally disabled so I knew I needed to pull out all the stops, so I got two IME's.  The IME's put me over the goal post.  I was still using DAV and they were almost worthless.  I never used a VSO again and I have filed many claims since then.  Does a 20 year old soldier think he is going to need "buddy statements"?  Does he/she think the miliary and VA will lose most of their medical records?  Does the young service member think the military will examine him/her in such a way as to vastly underrate his disability?  We are lambs to the slaughter in that regard.  

I am sure that IME's are the way to go for a successful claim. Just so hard to pay big money for one.

I did use buddies statements from a CSM and one of my peers while in combat, VA considered it but still got a denial. The buddy statements was while in combat, explained everything and the buddies contact info. Denied. 

I am one to think its about your medical info.

I am smc l and half. So far.

I had solid evidence with ever win I had.

Even getting extra schular tdiu from 1993-2001 because of a VA error   2012.

I try the ime thing 2000 2001 that didn't even address it. think I pay 800-1000 down the drain for me.

Now with all this new Comp exam stuff and the way the VA just refuse to address the issues veterans are claiming.

I believe there will be more veterans having to spend to get there medical records address.

Which I feel is a injustice alot don't have that money to do it.