VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Advice given on the forum is in no way a substitute for consulting with a competent Veterans law firm, such as one (you pick your favorite) on the NOVA advocate website.  

https://www.vetadvocates.org/directory/widget_search?current_page=1&sort_type=featured&filter={"additional_info.show-profile-on-sustaining-membership-directory"%3A+"yes"}&asset_type=company_user&display_type=default

If you already have retained a law firm, then you should follow that law firms advice instead of hadit members advice.  ONE REASON:  

Many law firms have access to your VBMS file, while hadit members do not.  Your law firm may well know about issues which are relevant to your case, while hadit posters often do not have that information.  

Of course, your law firm will not only have access to your VBMS file, but they also have professional training and experience, while hadit members (unless other wise posted) have neither legal training nor a law degree.  

CONTROVERSIAL ADVICE:  Often there are choices that Veterans make which are a "coin toss" where both options could produce similar results.   These are things like, "should I file an HLR or go directly to the BVA".  One Veteran may do well with a HLR, while others suggest going directly to the BVA.  

I will never KNOWINGLY suggest to a Veteran that he or she commit any type of  fraud, nor will I knowingly recommend a Veteran violate one or more laws to obtain benefits.  Laws vary with different states and or cities, so you should always consult with a professional if in doubt.  

Further, since we are uncompensated volunteers, each Veteran should understand that posters are not accepting any type of liability for any of the advice given.  

Even though I put a disclaimer in my signature many years ago it should still be mentioned that Hadit.com is an open public site.

Due to the fact that hadit.com is an open forum and there are no contracts, no agreements and or no promises, there should be no lawsuits. Opinions are just that opinions and cannot be considered liable/legal. Of course, there are some individuals who think that they can sue for just about anything and of course there are some lawyers willing to sue anybody, but posts, response and replies are just opinions.

Edited by pacmanx1

Great disclaimer. Now should the site have a disclaimer or do each member need to provide one. If each member do have to provide one, do we have to type it in each time we reply? Is there a disclaimer tab for individuals?

The above disclaimer is MY disclaimer, but others may well have something similar, such as Pacmanx1.  

If you want my advice, you will have to agree to the above disclaimer.  

As I explained, Im not a lawyer, and do not provide legal advice, for that, you need to consult an attorney.  

Edited by broncovet

• Greeter

I would think a disclaimer wouldn’t be necessary as this site is all about advice and personal opinions of experience. Granted TBird do I need to list this disclaimer on my post or do the site cover that. There are a lot of sue happy people these days.

I easy cut and paste a disclaimer with the post where I give an advice comment/opinion on disability claims and appeals.  Most of my advice given is based upon my actual mostly successful personal experience filing VA disability claims and appeals since 1985 to present day.  Better safe than sorry.

I also often advise vets to seek assistance of an experienced VSO or veterans law firm.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO

combinedawardmedalsribbsonwithperkinswearingpurpleheartcap.png.d0b3d9e51ce1190db1ff91e9c272f8af.png

Edited by Dustoff1970