Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Optum Serve, has anyone used them?

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well i've been waiting for the review of my second C&P for a supplemental claim that started February last year. They denied and I added a IMO from my DR. they sent me to another C&P but it wasn't one I needed to attend. That was for LHI. I've been hoping id have my answer soon. I just received an email from Optum Serve (Formerly LHI) and they will be calling me for another C&P exam. I can't even think of what they need to exam now. Guess I can't hope for an answer soon now. WTF. The system is so terrible I don't get it. So frustrated right now. Hope everyone is have a good New Year so far.

SGT. Wilky, I totally understand. I've been to multiple C&P's. I've already had 2 last year for this same exact claim and now a 3rd with a new company that use to be LHI that did my other 2. It just seems fishy and I had to vent. I don't have anyone at work to vent too lol. 

Thats the funny thing SGT. Wilky. After the first exam denied I did get a IMO from my private doctor that has been seeing me for years. He has a lot more info on me an is a highly regarded Dr. in my area. Now they are trying to have a NP over rule? Super lame. All it does is prolong everything

IDK about DR. shopping.  I've always gotten a fair shake from contracted C&P examiners.  One exception is when I pissed one of them off, that didn't go my way.  This resulted in several more C&P exams when I complained about the bad one to the regional VARO.  The additional C&P's (QTC in my case) all went in my favor.  I had outside DR's opinion (Yes, I went DR. shopping) that helped out and evidence on the record.

If it's a complicated case like PTSD & TBI, you can expect multiple C&P exams.  How you handle the repeated exams from different examiners is up to you.  I suggest go through the motions and let the chips fall where they may. In my case, 100% P&T with SMC-S.  I hope the best for you.  Getting all fired up or refusing to go to exams isn't going to hasten things.  Do what you think is best though.  

The VA makes the rules and calls the shots. In order to obtain our benefits we have to comply. 

When they call you to set up your appointment, don't be a smart aleck (NOT saying you would or will, just don't), and kindly ask them what part of your claim this is for. You will then be able to prepare and get your ducks in a row. Under no circumstances should you miss your appointment, unless of course, it's for something serious. Do everything you can to make your appointment. When you get there, no matter how rude, disingenuous, or insincere they might seem to be, do not lash out or be a jerk. 

There are plenty of posts here about almost any condition you've claimed for so search in those posts to gain the benefit of others' experiences. Arm yourself with information so that you will be well-prepared for the exam. 

Best of wishes and Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

BOHICA

2 hours ago, jamescripps2 said:

The VA makes the rules and calls the shots. In order to obtain our benefits we have to comply. 

I can't agree with this statement.

I feel your frustration and yes the VA has a new delay tactics these private contractor exams.

My new thing is if you feel you have the evidence and have been to a comp exam or two. An feel you are being Comp exam shop.

Veterans can refuse anymore exams and VA duty to assis

A veteran can ask for decision based on the record and exams already part of the record.

Before I get attack I am not telling a veteran to refuse a exam.

I am showing veterans how to fight.

Because comp exams shop veteran is assisting veteran. 

The veteran stated he has a imo he has been to two Comp exams in a year for the same issue. This is all part of his record and evidence already.

An I am taking it he has a record of treatment for his condition. How ever many years 

Explain what more evidence does he need to ask for a decision. what more VA assist does he need.

Could it be the VA is now shopping for a unfavorable medical opinion. To use.

3 Comp exam for the same issue In one year the veteran isn't to feel it's a problem.

I am one to believe fight for your benefits because the VA doesn't follow it own rule and laws.

Good luck.