Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Optum Serve, has anyone used them?

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well i've been waiting for the review of my second C&P for a supplemental claim that started February last year. They denied and I added a IMO from my DR. they sent me to another C&P but it wasn't one I needed to attend. That was for LHI. I've been hoping id have my answer soon. I just received an email from Optum Serve (Formerly LHI) and they will be calling me for another C&P exam. I can't even think of what they need to exam now. Guess I can't hope for an answer soon now. WTF. The system is so terrible I don't get it. So frustrated right now. Hope everyone is have a good New Year so far.

1 hour ago, Riplip said:

Whodat, that is exactly what I plan to do if they deny me with this next exam. Then it'll be a 3 year wait for an answer. Sucks

In my opinion, it's a better option. Straight to BVA. Yes it's a long process but at least BVA does a thorough review of your records.

Please correct me if I am wrong, and I am not trying to change the subject but isn't OPTUM Healthcare the new VA Community Care Network? Because I live in the sticks, I have to use a lot of Community Care and I am sent a copy of the charges that the VA pays the physician. No, it is not a bill, just a copy of what the VA paid out.

You are right Pacman. It is. I get the same letter in the mail for my Chiropractor treatment. Not a bill, just shows how much was paid out.

Well my VSO said my C&P from the NP at Optum Serve is negative. I guess they "developed to deny" with me on 3 C&Ps for the same thing and having a IMO from an actual Doctor. Funny how a NP out weighs a DR. Looks like a very long appeal process is in my future. The VBA really does suck and they are not for the veteran (IMO). I hope others get better news.