Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Optum Serve, has anyone used them?

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well i've been waiting for the review of my second C&P for a supplemental claim that started February last year. They denied and I added a IMO from my DR. they sent me to another C&P but it wasn't one I needed to attend. That was for LHI. I've been hoping id have my answer soon. I just received an email from Optum Serve (Formerly LHI) and they will be calling me for another C&P exam. I can't even think of what they need to exam now. Guess I can't hope for an answer soon now. WTF. The system is so terrible I don't get it. So frustrated right now. Hope everyone is have a good New Year so far.

When dealing with medical, I do believe in medical regs, you have to do a medical release form. But also as a patient, you have a right to your medical records.

VARO should not have those rights but they do.  They can read your QTC, LHU medical reports and make a decision before you even put eyes on your own medical reports.  Just wrong. 

Thinking veterans are over thinking this one.

Yes if you call 1-800 an ask for a copy they tell you you have to do a foia to get it.

But if you go to your local regional office you can get a copy without doing a foia.

This is my belief I could be wrong.

Because the VA gov site doesn't say veterans have to do a FOIA

It say contact your local regional office for a copy.

Edited by Mr cue

Ridiculous you can't easily get a copy of a contracted C&P in a timely matter.  They could at least send it with your decision letter.  Then the one year time line to disagree with it starts when you get the decision letter.  Luckily, I was able to get mine fairly quick with a FOIA prior to covid.  I was able to complain to the VARO about a bad C&P examiner prior to getting a decision.

It used to be C&P exams were available on the "Blue Button" in my health vet...is that no longer the case?? Back in 2015 I saw all my C&P exams.

It's completely unacceptable that just because C&P exams are considered "legal precedings and legal documents" (that's what the jerk in Cheyenne would always tell me) that we don't have access to the same discovery documents that would otherwise apply in any other court of law.

Anyways, that's my understanding. It may not be correct, but that's what it is.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

This is part of the new system; the VA feels that the New contracted C & P exams are property of The Department of VA, and they will give a veteran a copy but most times the VA tries to make the new decision prior to releasing a copy of the exam. Even when the exams were at the VAMC, veterans would have to sign a document prior to getting a copy of their exams. It seems for whatever reason the VA wants to be in control and really micromanage the process.

Yes, it is a lot easier for the VA to screw the veteran if the veteran does not file a timely request for a copy of their contracted C & P exam. Even the VAMC ROI will refuse to get a copy of the contracted C & P exam and tell the veteran to contact the VARO. Please don’t shoot the messenger, I am just trying to share what I have learned in this stupid process.

Well just a thought. Once a claim is filed, can we do a letter or something request our c&p exam if done by LHI, QTC after the exam is completed since no longer available on myhealthevet, prior to a decision is made?