Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Optum Serve, has anyone used them?

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well i've been waiting for the review of my second C&P for a supplemental claim that started February last year. They denied and I added a IMO from my DR. they sent me to another C&P but it wasn't one I needed to attend. That was for LHI. I've been hoping id have my answer soon. I just received an email from Optum Serve (Formerly LHI) and they will be calling me for another C&P exam. I can't even think of what they need to exam now. Guess I can't hope for an answer soon now. WTF. The system is so terrible I don't get it. So frustrated right now. Hope everyone is have a good New Year so far.

The sad and unfortunate part is that there is no honor at the VAROs. Veterans should contact their VARO right after they have a contract C & P exam to schedule an appointment to pick up a copy of their exam or to file a FOIA to get a copy or whatever they have to do.

The reason I say that there is no honor at the VAROs is because I filed two EED claims and the VARO sent me to two separate LHI C & P exams and both examiners wrote a favorable medical opinion and listed VAMC medical records that were in my records, but the VARO failed to even consider my requests for EEDs and continued my current rating. I then filed a supplemental to ensure I filed a disagreement within a years’ time and the VARO still continued to ignore my favorable evidence and continued denying my claims. I filed appeals and one appeal has been sitting and waiting to be reviewed by a BVA judge and I won the second appeal that is returning from the CAVC in a joint remand.

Actually a great Idea. The problem is since covid hit, it's hard to get an appointment with the VARO. My recommendation, after the exam with contractors, track the progress on VA.gov. once you think that the exam is sent to VA, immediately make an appointment.

I don't know about most but in my area, takes awhile to get an appointment.

19 minutes ago, Whodat said:

Actually a great Idea. The problem is since covid hit, it's hard to get an appointment with the VARO. My recommendation, after the exam with contractors, track the progress on VA.gov. once you think that the exam is sent to VA, immediately make an appointment.

I don't know about most but in my area, takes awhile to get an appointment.

After my LHI C & P exams, I contacted my local VARO and they scheduled me an appointment to go and pick up my exams. When I went there the office was pretty empty. The VA had constructed individual partitions, so the veteran doesn’t get too close to the VA employees. I would say that I think that I was the only one in the office except for the VA employees and the security guards.

Yes, but get ready to deal with people reading a script and expecting you to fit perfectly in their idea of customer service.  If you are lucky enough to be able hear what they are saying over the sound of loud crying children, then you still get no help, especially if you are doing something stupid, like trying to make a claims appointment.  Unless you just enjoy wasting your time being told that they will let you know when they decide your appointment will be, then don't waste your time.  Just let them schedule an appointment that you cannot keep, then you reschedule with the same person with the same screaming children.  I was told that I could call back on the 20th to change an appointment they could schedule starting the 19th.  It's the 14th and they are going to notify me by mail with my appointment time and then I have to cancel the appointment 24 hours before the scheduled time and reschedule.   Guess the VA doesn't want veterans to make claims appointments.

• Community Owner

I have posted this in other parts of the forum if you have a IMO form your doc or you were able to pay for one your self. Use the below doc and WAVE the C & P Exam.  VA regulations and case law prohibits them from getting a C & P Exam to challenge your IMO. Read the attached doc and forms and cut and past into your form.

Be prepared to chainage any denial because you fail to go to an exam with a HLR CUE Claim. They did tis to me recently. 

DBQ Election, Duty to Assist Waiver, & C & P Decline Notice to VA Regional Office.pdf