Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Optum Serve, has anyone used them?

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well i've been waiting for the review of my second C&P for a supplemental claim that started February last year. They denied and I added a IMO from my DR. they sent me to another C&P but it wasn't one I needed to attend. That was for LHI. I've been hoping id have my answer soon. I just received an email from Optum Serve (Formerly LHI) and they will be calling me for another C&P exam. I can't even think of what they need to exam now. Guess I can't hope for an answer soon now. WTF. The system is so terrible I don't get it. So frustrated right now. Hope everyone is have a good New Year so far.

Sorry to hear this. I am see this more and more Since the VA switch to the private contractor.

Listen It has gotten so crazy the VA is ordering exams than getting medical opinion to dispute there own comp exams.

I don't even have any private medical exams that they need a medical opinion to address. It just crazy.

Make sure you point the developing to denied issues on appeal. So if you go to the cavc they can address it.

You can't just bring issues up to the court. They will not address it.

I really feel I am about to be in the same boat. The bva judge in my case even listed all my Comp exams and evidence an stated that the VA need to get a medical opinion to address it. Lol I am crying inside tho.

So I feel your pain.

Really seem the VA system is turning adverse when it was to be veteran friendly. 

I am  also point out these exams and medical opinion are been done by ssi and workman comp doctor which are adverse systems.

Good luck an do your homework now before the decision. On developing to deny there are great info doing a Google search there is even old hadit post that address it.

No letter yet. I just heard from my VSO. Once the letter comes in I will inspect it thoroughly. After that I will be asking for some opinions. I have never had to appeal anything before. Thank you

2 hours ago, Riplip said:

Well my VSO said my C&P from the NP at Optum Serve is negative. I guess they "developed to deny" with me on 3 C&Ps for the same thing and having a IMO from an actual Doctor. Funny how a NP out weighs a DR. Looks like a very long appeal process is in my future. The VBA really does suck and they are not for the veteran (IMO). I hope others get better news. 

Yes, I had a VA NP (general practitioner) overrule my forensic DR's IMO.  The VA sided with their NP's opinion and denied.  I could've fought it and surely would've won.  Fortunately, she sided with most of the forensic DR's IMO's and I was awarded 100% P&T SMC-S.  So it would've been futile to do so.  You can challenge her credentials with your local VARO.  I've done this with success.  They redid a few C&P exams that went in my favor.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:33 PM, El Train said:

Yes, I had a VA NP (general practitioner) overrule my forensic DR's IMO.  The VA sided with their NP's opinion and denied.  I could've fought it and surely would've won.  Fortunately, she sided with most of the forensic DR's IMO's and I was awarded 100% P&T SMC-S.  So it would've been futile to do so.  You can challenge her credentials with your local VARO.  I've done this with success.  They redid a few C&P exams that went in my favor.

El Train, how do I challenge her credentials at the VARO? Thanks

In my case, I challenged a contract VA's Psyc. Dr. vs. my Psyc. Dr's C&P exam.  I wrote up a letter challenging the C&P examiners bias, mistakes, and differences between my outside medical IMO and the VA's.  I then sent it to my regional VARO.  I googled it, got the name of the head honcho and addressed it to her.  Her C&P exam was biased from the start when I handed her my outside Psyc. Dr's DBQ and IME.  She was not impressed and her exam reflected her disdain.  So that was easy to point out.  Not only that, but I had multiple C&P exams trying to separate PTSD & TBI symptoms in my favor.  She was the lone negative exam.  It got tossed.

I don't see why this route wouldn't work to challenge an NP's opinion vs an MD opinion.  It would at least get you another C&P exam.  If they did that, the next C&P examiner would know about the complaint.  Not a bad thing. That's how I got the bad C&P exam tossed.

I think this route can save you years in the appeal process.