VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C@p exam

Rate this question

Ken Dillon

Question

I had a c&p exam for ED today. With a female nurse. Part of the exam was physical exam which she said she could not perform do to that fact she had no assistant assigned for her. She did the exam by asking the questions, since no actual exam was done what happens? 

3 answers to this question

I am fairly certain "the Veteran's report" of ED will suffice, I dont think the nurse needs to "visually identify" the condition.  

After all, mostly pain can not be measured by an instrument, they go by what the Veteran reports.  Ditto for tinnitus.  

My guess is that if you reported ED, and, probably treated for it, you should get benefits "if" its service connected.  This means you had to have "an event in service", and a link to service (nexus), as well as a diagnosis of ED.  

Or, you may get benefits "secondary" to a SC medication, for example.  Many meds have sexual dysfunction as a side effect.  

You dont have to apply "as secondary"..hopefully a VA employee "will accept" a doctor statement that your 

doctors statement that (name of medication(s), which were prescribed for one or more SC conditions, were "at least as likely as not" the cause of your ED.