VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

If anyone needs paper documentation, I have a binder full...Let me know and I will scan and email it to you.....

• HadIt.com Elder

RSG,

there was also a building I spent a week going to maintenence training courses to that had a nuke accident during the late fifties.

The Building was so hot after the island sold to private developers in the 1990's i'm not sure if they ever got it cleaned up.

Also hundreds of fiftyfive gallon drums of plutonium discs were barried under the island after the US agreed to stop developing nuke weapons with USSR.

One other thing I discovered in my research was bio weapons such as Sarin was also stored there and tested 50 miles off of SanFrancisco coast.

Agent Orange was used on the base and was found in the base water supply, but since the Island is not in Vietnam, I doubt a claim for exposure would be approved.

I lived in the base barracks for two months and worked at the post office during medical hold. I have many illnesses associated with AO and radiation exposure.

A claim for anything now would likely take 20 yrs to be possibly approved.

Allan

• HadIt.com Elder

RSG,

there was also a building I spent a week going to maintenence training courses to that had a nuke accident during the late fifties.

The Building was so hot after the island sold to private developers in the 1990's i'm not sure if they ever got it cleaned up.

Also hundreds of fiftyfive gallon drums of plutonium discs were barried under the island after the US agreed to stop developing nuke weapons with USSR.

One other thing I discovered in my research was bio weapons such as Sarin was also stored there and tested 50 miles off of SanFrancisco coast.

Agent Orange was used on the base and was found in the base water supply, but since the Island is not in Vietnam, I doubt a claim for exposure would be approved.

I lived in the base barracks for two months and worked at the post office during medical hold. I have many illnesses associated with AO and radiation exposure.

Allan

ALLAN,

I spent a lot of time there in "A" school, and a lot of time in the barracks, studying etc. Months. months and months...I have diabetes, insulin dependent, neuropathy, soft tissue stuff that I accquired when i was 35, at least that's when I found out...I am aware that A.O. was used there. that is what I feel my diabetes came from.. I started passing out while in school for no apparant reason.....I figured it was high blood sugar later....nobody ever checked, even me, I didn't know what was up.... I went to the BVA with all the evidence already with my claim, but dropped it, and pursed the immediate issues I had....l.So I think the BVA and the VA knows, if they already put it in my file....The Northwest end of the Island where the barracks were (Site 12), is now covered in concrete, I think the radiation area was on the east side of the island, but I don't remember without looking it up again. I would like to see that article on the water supply and the offshore testing. You must be refering to project SHAD........Tnx

RSG

RSG,

Allan

Edited by RSG

• HadIt.com Elder

U.S. Navy announces PCB and Dioxin Contamination present at the former Treasure Island Naval Air Station

and at Hunters Point Shipyard

http://bluewaternavy.org/bases/Treasure%20Island1.htm

Is contaminated housing poisoning military families?

http://www.grist.org/article/base/

This doesn't surprise me at all, Seems like iot will take forever for the people to get really involved in these issues, and get them resolved. They will be somehow shoved under the carpet.......

U.S. Navy announces PCB and Dioxin Contamination present at the former Treasure Island Naval Air Station

and at Hunters Point Shipyard

http://bluewaternavy...e%20Island1.htm

Is contaminated housing poisoning military families?

http://www.grist.org/article/base/