VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Hearing The 21St

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

Unless you're having "Lucky Charms" for breakfast, forget about good or bad "Luck" in regards to your Hearing. It's all about You and your Compelling New & Material Evidence and possibly your Representation.

I shouldn't be Pxxxing on your campfire, soooooooooooooo if you think you need it, GOOOOOOD LUCK!

Semper Fi

Gastone

Have you already sent the IMO to the BVA?

If it is strong enough , the BVA could award and cancel the hearing.

That happened to one of the vets I met here many years ago.

His hearing was to be in Fla and I am in NY and don't like to travel much, but I sure was thinking seriously of being there with him....but didnt even know if they would allow me to be at the hearing....

His proposed reduction was the worse piece of VA crap I had ever seen. The bad part was that some of what they said was true, but we turned that all around.......it was .lots of work

We worked on the claim aggressively and the BVA ,upon receipt of the evidence we found, , suddenly canceled the hearing and restored his comp.

100% SC P & T , due to AO , with 2 kids ready to graduate and use their Chap 35, and they proposed to reduce!

BS to that

I personally ,when I had a BVA case, sent them my probative evidence (because I thought my VARO might remove it from my C file due to my past FTCA experience when they did that)) as well as my rebuttal to their C & P they ordered on remand.

I wasnt set for a hearing but they then awarded very fast after the remand, so I assume that even with a hearing set, the BVA can consider evidence at any time thy get it.

Edited by Berta

paulcolrain:

Not sure it I asked this before, and if I had, i apologise, because my memory is not the best,,,what did the IMO cost you?

Edited by rootbeer22

I enjoy handing it over to the Judge personally. One of the joys of a Travel Board hearing (face to face versus a videoconference) is the ability to demonstrate your resolve. I am a fan of shaking a man's hand and looking him in the eye to get his measure. Some may consider that old-fashioned in the new electronic frontier. Berta's comment in the context of a reduction in rating is a glaring error and should never have had to go up to the Board. Nevertheless, we suffer these insults and sometimes have to prove we are credible and not scalawags.

I have found that a presentation with N&ME is well-received when you can explain the significance of it. Sometimes that is complicated and demands a nuanced presentation to clarify the importance. I had the good fortune to retrieve some of my files in 2010 from my service with Air America in 1970-71 and the explanation for the aircraft crash was easier to present in conjunction with my AFSC (or MOS if you're Army). Do not expect anyone, even an educated judge, to be able to absorb a military event based on your description. Something always gets lost in the translation. A good timeline of events is de rigeur for these auspicious occasions. When the Judges says " When did that occur?", it's always beneficial to be able to say " That would be April 21st, 1971 your honor. Here's the accident report and the pilot's statement. I only have one photo. The A/C burned up shortly after the crash." No hesitation. No wasted time spent searching for it.

Push Print, Paul. Best of luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

It amazes me that when you have the factual evidence in your hand and they still say your a liar.

Makes me want to say who died and made you God?

I agree with ASKNOD about having the N&M Evidence in hand and getting to clarify the significance & importance of it face to face.

If a veteran has the new IMO and wants to send it to the board ''before his hearing ''

who does he address it to?

& get return sign receipt ( greencard)

he needs to bring original copies of it to the hearing also....jmo

this may help this veteran...better to have 2 whammy's instead of one.

Hammer down Paul

.............Buck