Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Granted

Rate this question

Guest L

Question

Hi - Just want to let everyone know there is hope if your claim is stalled. They are working at the Houston RO. 

I got a call from DRO today, and told me I was granted IU with back pay. (PTSD/MST Rape & ATT Murder) 

I have my Navy retirement too,  so I think this is the end of the road for me as far as claims go. 

I will continue to pray for adjudication with other claims. This was exhausting. 

Graduating in 72 days with my BS in Criminology- Thanks Voc Rehab. 

Congratulations! It took me exactly 5 years to the day to get P&T awarded after the initial TDIU award.  I did not apply; just got a letter in the mail one day. 

Congratulations!!!

Be sure and check into your state benefits now that you are P&T...

Thank you for your service!!

Now just focus on you and your well being!!

Enjoy yourself!!

All the best to you and your family!!

Greg

Isn't TDIU combined with SSDI, also P&T too in effect, for 60 year old vets? Sorry for the dumb question. I am spread a little thin already and missed that meaningful discrepancy.

the answer should be found here:

Hadit Pinned topics Tbird October 2016

http://community.hadit.com/topic/68352-va-disability-claims-articles-on-haditcom/

• HadIt.com Elder

you can apply for SSDI if you get a TDIU rating or 100% rating from VA.

Most veterans that have worked and paid in to SSA  and become disable from their S.C. Disability's  yes the SSA will take that into effect/consideration , but they also have their guidelines to go by too  but being 100% or IU with VA sure helps SSDI to be granted.

so if you have not filed for SSDI do it ASAP. 

Every Little Bit Helps.  and being 100% and with SSDI makes for a pretty modest income.

Thanks Buck....he would not have found the answer in the link I posted...sorry about that.

It took me some time to find this post again and I am glad you replied to the vet who needs to start a New Topic instead of asking a question in threads about other vet's claims.Otherwise their question  might never get answered.

I believe SSDI has a five year limit from the last day anyone worked, to be considered for SSDI.

They have a good web site. It is googleable and contains their criteria for SSDI and also the application form.