• hate-ads-subscribe-now.jpg

• Ad
  • Ad
  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Ad
Wayne TX

Question about NOD wait time after applying.

When you file a NOD how long does it generally take on the average to hear back from a DRO?. I filed a NOD form last week with Waco, TX. Regional Office and also asked for a DRO Hearing right up front to get that part out of the way without further delays asking me what kind of DRO I wanted...  Never done a NOD before so any input on average time frame of initial response is helpful.  Just curious. Wayne.

Edited by Wayne TX

22 answers to this question

The best way to figure out where you stand with your NOD is to follow the VA Monday reports. Look up your Waco RO and click on the TA tab all the on the right side. It will tell you how many appeals your RO has waiting. Follow the reports for a month and you will get a general number of how many NODs the RO is completing. Even this is not a guarantee or totally accurate. Example: My brother in law in Connecticut had his DRO review done in 28 days. A friend of mine out of the Tampa St Pete RO has been waiting 2 1/2 years. The VA says the average is 377 days. I figure 12 to 18 months is the average. I am out of the NY RO. I figure two years for DRO review and then tag on another three years if it goes to the BVA judge. Good luck with your appeal!

• Like 1

Pack a lunch. DRO Reviews anywhere 12 - 18 months, DRO Hearings 2+ yrs, mine took 4.25 yrs in 2014.

Check your RO's, most recent, Monday Morning Report. Unless it's changed, the MMR will show the "Total Appeals" pending for your RO. It doesn't list the DRO's separately from the BVA's. Gives you some idea of what your into.

Call any of the VSO's that have an office at your RO, try to get the MFIC or a Sr Service Rep on the line. Find out how many DRO's are on your RO's Staff. He should be able to find out exactly how many pending DRO Hearings have been handled in 2016. From there you can do the math.

Keep in mind, you MUST submit the "New & Material Evidence," Mandated by the VA Reg for a DRO Review or Hearing.  Early receipt of your N&M Evidence, could trigger the VA Automatic Review of your Denial by a Sr Rater or actual DRO. You "could?" get an award or a Continued Denial, much sooner than the actual DRO Hearing.  FAILURE to submit the N & M Evidence, will guarantee you an Administrative Denial.

At the 4 yr mark, I filed an Official Request for an "Informal DRO Evidence Conference." Never got the conference, but within 3 months I received the VA notification that my DRO Hearing was on deck for 6/28/14. I chose to go "Informal," no recording transcription. Hearing lasted 35 min, DRO told me he was awarding everything. I was out of the RO by 930am. VSO Rep had a copy of the DRO Award by 3:30 same day. Retro hit mid July, VA Award Letter, like Aug 1.

It's not unusual for the DRO's Decision, to take up to a yr after a Regular (not informal) DRO Hearing.

Semper Fi

• Like 2

I filed my NOD November 2014 and I inquired through IRIS and Under Secretary for Benefits in January 2016.  I got a hearing February 2016 with WACO.  I had the DRO hearing and I think it went well BUT now I am awaiting the decision for over 3 months.

WACO is about 12-24 months for a DRO hearing.

Did you request a DRO hearing in your NOD?

Right now I think the hold up is them getting all documents digitized.

The VA was suppose to get the wait time down to 125 days at the end of 2015..they missed that goal and now it looks like at the end of 2016.

VBMS is a web-based, electronic claims processing solution complemented by improved business processes. It will assist in eliminating the existing claims backlog and serve as the technology platform for quicker, more accurate claims processing. 

• Like 1

Navy 4 Life.......I requested a DRO Hearing.......I read a lot of opinions on here saying DRO Hearing is the way to go so you can challenge the evidence eyeball to eyeball in person.  My question is if my EVIDENCE submitted to DRO is clearly evident that a disability increase has exceeded the criteria for an increase why would I even need to wait all that time on Waco backlog (12-24 mos) for a Hearing date when clear cut evidence sits right there in front of him/her right now?????  This is the question I am still trying to understand / seek out if clear evidence makes any difference time-wise on an NOD to be granted an increase, and thus a Hearing would no longer be necessary (I assume) unless they simply wish to be blind to the evidence and facts to play out the string until a Hearing is set

Usually after you send in your NOD Request  DRO Hearing  it depends on how many  hearings is ahead of you?...I was let known about my Hearing in 2 months  when an where and time it would be after I sent in my NOD requesting the DRO Hearing.  but it just depends on how busy they are...my last claim  Waco RO sent my claim to Salt Lake City to have a decision made...this was last Jan/Feb 2016

The only explanation I can give  is the rater that read what your C&P examiner wrote down  ''skip your evidence'' he must not have read it?, ...what was their reason for denying your claim the first time?

Anyway this is why we Have the DRO Hearings  its better to get your claim decided at the RO Level than wait in line at the BVA.

So the DRO can sort through all this and read your evidence you have now & Listen to you.

and its your chance to tell him what you had at your C&P Exam ''clear evidence was right in front of him/her'' why was I denied??

you mention/ show a DRO that and I'll guarantee you will walk out of there knowing that your going to win your claim or increase or what ever....evidence is the whole key to winning your claim.

Usually if a DRO Says I'll let ya know in 60 days  after your hearing this is not a good sign  because there unsure of a decision...and it could take a year or two or three.

if you don't hear from them in 60 days after your hearing  I'd bug the hell out of them. until I got results.  you can say you did your part now do your part and make a decision on my claim  so that other veterans can get there claims adjudicated as well.

Thank you Sir.

Its just that some raters & C&P Examiners choose not to read it.

I ask a DRO at my hearing one time after the Hearing was over  I ask him why in the hell didn't the C&P Doc read all my evidence?  and by him not reading it obviously I was denied...I ask him what will happen to that examiner? will he get fired? he said probably not...I said well what about all the lies he stated at my exam  will those documents go into my C-FILE ?

HE SAID UNFORTUNATELY Yes they will but will never be used against you in any claim you file as this has been adjudicated  once adjudicated they can't go back.

Edited by Buck52

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Uno
      I have to say I don’t really have a question YET, but I wanted to share my story as It makes for an interesting read.  Feel free to comment…
      In 1987 I was medically discharged from the Army for Subluxing Bicep tendon Bilateral.  I went to the VA and they agreed and issued 10% rating for each shoulder.  In 1993 I had a C&P Exam and I was all better so they say and reduced it to 0% in each shoulder.  Now keep in mind nothing was on the internet because it didn’t exist and I was young and uninformed so it never occurred to me to get my medical exams. I knew something was still wrong as I lived with shoulder problems since then.  Lets fast forward to 2013 when my shoulders were beginning to get worse with the right shoulder leading the way I decided to see a VSO and he opened a claim for my right shoulder.  I went to the c&P Exam and the PA found it was Subluxing bicep tendon, he also mentioned that he was looking at my records on his system and said my last exam was 1993, a few months later I received a decision that said they found right shoulder impingement syndrome and shoulder instability and rated each at 20% and left the original Subluxing Bicep Tendon at 0%. The VSO also filled out paperwork for me to get a copy of all my C&P Exams. As time passed I received some of the C&P Exams but not the one from 1993 so I requested it gain by the exact year and received a phone call from a lady saying she cannot find one from that year and she even looked in the boxes in the basement.  Going forward about a year or so later my left shoulder began to worsen so I went to a different VSO and they filled out a claim for the left shoulder. After the C&P Exam I went back to the VSO and they printed me off a copy of the exam and opinion and while I was there I mentioned that the VA has misplaced an exam I had from 1993 and after a few clicks on their system they said here it is and they printed off a copy and also mentioned that I shouldn’t tell anyone as they are not supposed to do that.  So after reviewing the new exam it said I had rotator cuff tears, shoulder instability, impingement syndrome and guarding all movement of both shoulders.  I also reviewed the exam from 1993 and it said they didn’t find subluxing bicep tendon but they did find significant rotator cuff grinding and impingement syndrome of both shoulders right worse the left.  I also read the  opinion from the recent left shoulder exam  and it said it was less likey connected because there is no known mechanism that would put what I have now with what I was discharged for. So like you have to do with all exams I began typing up by corrections to the exam and I also noted that the significant rotator cuff grating and impingement was first diagnosed in 1993 and it was the VA’s responsibility to request at that time whether it was service connected and since it wasn’t done then we have to say that there is a 50/50 chance that the Dr. would have said it was since we cant go back and ask him now and I sent it in.  So a few months later I get a decision that says its not service connected and didn’t say way and it didn’t recited any laws or anything like that so I file a NOD while getting the NOD ready I did a search on the internet about Subluxing bicep tendon and rotator cuff tears and found a lot of information connecting the two so I printed off one and also got a Doctor of Physical Therapy to review my records including the 1993 exam and she wrote a very detailed opinion on the connection between the two with a conclusion of its more likely than not directly connected and I sent it all in with the nod requesting a DRO .  Fast forward a year or so and I get a call from the VA to schedule another C&P Exam and I could see where this is going so I pick the same place knowing I would get the same examiner.  After the exam I download a copy of it and wouldn’t you know I no longer have torn rotator cuff and I am not guarding all movement along with many other things that have disappeared from the last exam and to top it all off they asked the NP who’s certification and specialty is family practice to opine on a statement from a Dr. who’s specialty is the musculoskeletal system which of course she keeps saying throughout her opinion that I was first diagnosed with impingement syndrome in 2015 when it is actually 1993 so now I have to again write and state that they need to change that date to the correct one which is 1993.  I can’t believe that people will go through so much effort to not acknowledge a date the changes everything.  Its tooo funny and sad at the same time.  What’s really funny is that somehow they found the connection in 2014 but can’t seem to find it now.
    • By Wayne TX
      Back in May 2015 had a IME/IMO exam and was told I should put in a claim for deviated septum cause I had surgery for same while on active duty and again the same exact surgery in 2009 at VA.  I had no intention of applying for it until it was brought up.  I went ahead and submitted and  it got denied, did an NOD and still sitting in Appeal now.  I have not had any additional deviated septum surgeries since filing (2015) and no more clinical indications another surgery is needed therefore MY QUESTION: 
      (1) Does the fact I have had two surgeries mean anything as far as service connection goes or.... 
      (2) is this just a lame duck I should cut loose since no more surgeries have occurred since 2009. 
      Final question,  if still sitting and waiting on multiple Appeals does dropping one of those Appeals speed the others along any faster or does it even matter?  Can those on Appeal be processed individually at any point in time that RO decides to overturn same..... or do they wait until all of the Appeals made and filed together are fully decided one way or another?  Just seeking some opinion on this from more seasoned folks in Forum.
    • By Mikey5311
      This is a "research administration" question and how to include it in my NOD.
      I'm completing my NOD, I have physician reports, etc. I will also rely on articles published in medical journals.
      When I quote from the journal, I will always state the reference, (of course). But do I need to attach the entire paper in my attachments?
      Sounds silly? But my concern is that if I attach only the pertinent page, the evidence will be "disqualified" as being incomplete. The NOD will be about 3 pages, but with "complete" articles about 40 pages.
    • By NODAppealSecondary
      Filed a claim for Esophageal Stricture (DC 7203) Secondary to SC GERD.  Below is result of C&P Exam.  Seems pretty straight forward.  VSRO asks if Stricture is at least as likely as not due to GERD. Examiner responds in the affirmative.  Decision letter mentions nothing about esophageal stricture and continues disability rating for GERD for 30%.  Viewed many BVA decisions where 7203 can be rated separately and is not considered pyramiding.  Filed for Stricture Secondary to GERD after recent EGD Exam diagnosed me with Schatzki ring and Eosinophilic Esophagitis.  Both of which cause narrowing of the esophagus.
      DBQ GI Esophageal (including GERD & hiatal hernia):
      TYPE OF MEDICAL OPINION REQUESTED: Secondary Service connection.
      The Veteran's esophageal condition is at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) proximately due to or the result of
      GERD, currently rated as hiatal hernia.
      RATIONALE: EGD Report dated 9/8/17 supports esophagitis which has been
      linked to chronic reflux of GERD/hiatal hernia. Veteran has no other documented condition to which it could be related.
      supplemental data:  https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/hiatal-hernia
      a. Opinion from general remarks: DBQ GI Esophageal (including GERD & hiatal hernia):
      TYPE OF MEDICAL OPINION REQUESTED: Secondary Service connection.
      Is the Veteran's esophageal condition, stricture at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) proximately due to or the result of GERD?
      TAB A: Bedford VAMC Treatment Records, 02/06/2013 to present
      TAB B: EGD Report
      b. Indicate type of exam for which opinion has been requested: GI
      a. The condition claimed is at least as likely as not (50% or greater
      probability) proximately due to or the result of the Veteran's service connected condition.
      c. Rationale: Recent EGD with biopsies supports esophagitis which is mediaclly accepted as having a link to hiatal hernia.
      I have reviewed the conflicting medical evidence and am providing the following opinion: The Veteran's esophageal condition is at least as
      likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) proximately due to or the result of GERD, currently rated as hiatal hernia.

• By EODCMC
      I have submitted a NOD and I am soon to have a face to face with a DRO. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Is this a formal meeting; is there a dress code, etc?
    • By salty31b
      I filed a NOD for being granted 0% for a foot condition on 3/07/2017 and opted to not have a disposition instead I provided medical evidence. I provided this evidence and was required to have a C&P exam. I went to this exam on 07/21/2017 and the doctor went through the DBQ. Today I check eBenifits to see that my appeal went from Appeal received to Appeal Pending - Statement of the Case (SOC)  "VA has received your Form 9 and will begin completing final actions regarding your appeal before it is sent to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals." and I have now have an open claim that gives the status of Pending decision approval. 
      I know SOCs are not always the best thing to get, am I getting denied again?
    • By SargeBD
      US Army Veteran 1978-1984 Rocky Mountain Arsenal
      I filed my initial claim 11/2008. It took me 7 years to go before a judge,  so in 2015 I was awarded exposure to Mustard Gas, which was in my records. I was awarded 40% mustard gas exposure for prostate, 0% for sinus, 0% for headaches, 10% lumbar, 30% cervical, 10% tinnitus, 0% hearing loss , SMC-K, so 8 service connected disabilities. I have been unable to work for 4 years now, due to chronic problems from those service connected injuries. I filed my notice of disagreement, as well as unemployable and an increase for my chronic migraines, which I'm being treated for by the VA, and have been being treated for several decades. I filed within the 1 year timeline, the proper forms, and it shows 2 pending appeals. One for Unemployability, and the other for the increase for the chronic migraines, E Benefits doesn't show anytime line or where my appeal currently stands. So I called the number and was told the average here in Colorado was 238 days for appeals. Mine is at 10 months now, over 300 days and I'm starting to lose hope and getting desperate watching my home fall into disrepair, which I no longer have the financial means to fix. Any advise would be helpful. Anyone else going through long wait times on NOD in Colorado?
      Thanks in advance, 
    • By JustGettingStarted
      My claims were closed on 5 Jun.  It was obvious that lot of evidence was completely overlooked so I did a letter to request reconsideration.   The claims all opened back up the following week.  
      Does this mean I do not need to worry about a NOD date at this time?  In other words, if my claims are not decided by Jun 2018, will I need to file a NOD, or does getting the claim re-opened reset the NOD deadline to one year from the date they are closed out in the future?  
      The new estimated completion dates are Jan - Aug 2018.
    • By Wayne TX
      Per VA WACO RO......does anyone know of a source link or phone number to find out the average processing time currently to get a DRO Hearing date in Waco?
    • By angryemu
      Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I was not able to find an answer anywhere else. 
      After collecting dust for 480 days after filing an NOD with a DRO, my appeal has apparently entered a "Review" phase.  According to the VA rep, the electronic system had a new note entered into my file a few weeks back stating that a DRO had begun to review the file. Can anyone offer insight into how long it could take from here to get to a DRO decision? I understand it depends on what else the DRO has going on and how complicated my appeal is, just wanted to see what others' experience has been. 
      Appreciate any feedback.
    • By JustGettingStarted
      I am considering doing my first NOD. I received 20% for peripheral neuropathy (pain and tingling in my arms and hands) secondary to Cervical Spondylosis (narrowing of the spinal openings in my neck) for both my left and right sides in February 2017. I just received a copy of my C-File that I requested back in July 2016, and it has the C&P exam that was done on me for the peripheral neuropathy. In the C&P exam, I was clearly rated for SEVERE pain on my non-dominant side and moderate numbness and tingling on my dominant side.  
      I was given a 20% rating for mild conditions on both left and right side, but from the DBQ the doctor submitted it looks like I should have been given severe to moderate ratings, which would be 40% for my dominant side and 30% for my non-dominant side.
      Do I file a NOD and request a DRO review?  
      Am I missing a reason why the VA only gave me 20% on each side?  I have attached screen shots from the DBQ.  
      Code 8710: Neuralgia of the upper radicular group. Neuralgia cannot be rated higher than moderate, even if it is severe. If the condition is moderate, it is rated 40% for the dominant and 30% for the non-dominant. If it is mild, it is rated 20% for either arm.
      This is the quote from my decision package:
      "Service connection for left upper extremity radiculopathy (peripheral neuropathy) has been
      established as related to the service-connected disability of cervical spondylosis.
      ● We have assigned a 20 percent evaluation for your left upper extremity radiculopathy
      (peripheral neuropathy) based on: • Mild incomplete paralysis of the minor extremity
      ● Although the lower radicular group and middle radicular group nerves were shown to be
      affected, only one evaluation is allowable in this case. This rating is based on the highest
      rated nerve.
      ● A higher evaluation of 30 percent is not warranted for paralysis of the middle radicular
      nerve group unless the evidence shows nerve damage is moderate.
      ● Service connection for left upper extremity radiculopathy (peripheral neuropathy) is granted
      with an evaluation of 20 percent effective May 11, 2016, the day we received your intent
      to file, with your completed application received on October 29, 2016. VA examination
      conducted in support of your claim notes that your noted radiculopathy is related to your
      service connected cervical spondylosis."

• By MarkInTexas
      Ok folks,
      In the midst of researching attorneys to replace my VSO, I got a call from the VSO who was working/not working on my claims.  He wanted to get a few more details to work up his Form 646.  After a week of speaking back and forth with him, he came to the conclusion that the VA had not reviewed several medical reports, including some of my active duty USAF medical records.  (If the VSO would have woke up years ago, and saw that, maybe I would not have had to scream from the mountain tops for the past few years.)  I know that it has been my fault all along though for keeping the VSO there.
      Meanwhile, I get a call from the Houston VARO, who wants to discuss a couple of my FOIA requests for the curriculum vitae of the C&P nurse practitioner and family practice doctor (who from a Google search is actually a Family Practice guy who specializes in collagen and beauty cream treatments in Florida.)  They also wanted to discuss my FOIA request for the complete bloodwork lab results and x-ray reports from my last QTC C&P examination (with the collagen guy).
      The thing they wanted to "discuss" is that they can't seem to obtain the curriculum vitae for either medical practitioner, one from Veterans Evaluation Services and the other the QTC Collagen King.  They also wanted to discuss that they can't seem to find the bloodwork lab results, nor the x-rays (and x-ray report), which were all done at the same QTC location near Fort Polk, Louisiana at the same time as the C&P, even though "some of the information" is actually described in the C&P report, which was half completed, with no "rationale" filled in, and excerpts of my time in the Army, although I have never served in the Army, and have always been USAF riff raff.
      Meanwhile, my VSO guy calls back and says that he will send me my Form 646, and recommended a DRO hearing, and that I request one in writing, so I did.  I'm also still kicking myself for still riding this VSO wave, when I should have pulled the ripcord and hired an attorney early on as about 90% of you recommended (and I'm still looking into it).  I send one to Janesville in writing.  I wait.  I wait.  I wait.  Then I take a chance and call the Houston VARO back and request an update on everything.  They tell me they will call me back.  I wait.  I wait.  Then, they do call back and let me know they are still having trouble retrieving records, but that they received my request for a DRO hearing, and that they will forward the request on, warning me that it could be a year or more, and that they are still having hearings from requests from cases filed in 2008.  I tell them that I filed mine in 2010, but I'll keep riding the wave.
      While this is happening, I get a letter from the VA stating that they have addressed one outstanding NOD regarding my dependents, siding with me.  So I go back to waiting on the DRO Hearing notice.
      I wait.  I wait.  I wait.  Then I call back.  They say that the hearing request has been submitted, but cautioned that the wait time is still tremendous, and that if I wanted to, I could let them know that I would waive the hearing, and they would get me back on track for the BVA certification, which is still forever away also.  I thought it over for about 5 seconds, and said no, I think I'll stand by my DRO hearing request.  They seemed disappointed, and once again cautioned it could take months to years.  I said it's already been like six and a half, so let the dice keep rolling.  We parted ways with them saying that they would let "them" know that I still wanted a hearing, and that I could call back in a few months to check out the status of the request.  I said thanks, and they gave me the usual sigh and "Thank you for your service."  Such a tender moment.
      Then three....yes, THREE days later, I get a letter from the VA stating that a VA DRO Hearing has been scheduled for June 6th.  I called the MIA VSO to ask him about the hearing, and to see what I needed.  He was surprised, pulled me up on the computer, and acknowledged that he saw it too, still surprised, and advised that I need to wear a tie and show up an hour early to visit with him.  I plan to be there, and will bring my medical records (hopefully orderly), and see what happens.
      Any advice on what to do?  What not to do?
      What a ride!
    • By sirc1
      Good evening all.
      I can't seem to find a convincing answer on the topic.
      I receive my rating a few months ago and strongly disagree with some of the decisions. 
      I was on Ebenifits and it appears that i could appeal the process on the site.  However, i'm not sure if this is the same process as filing an NOD.
      Can someone please help clarify the difference.....
      Thank you 
    • By BoneyWV
      Good day all. Hopefully I can explain this clearly without confusion. I received my BBE in Sep 16, and immediately filed for a NOD with more evidence (related to neurological issues/damages). However, I am 0% service connected with sleep disturbances/sleep apnea. Recently, as in two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with apnea and required to wear and was given a CPAP. Long story short, my claim is with the DRO for appeal and review, and although I am not contesting/appealing the sleep apnea for increase, I have the necessary medical evidence including the VA form for sleep apnea completed by my sleep physician/dr stating my condition as well as the results of my sleep studies. How should I submit it? Should it be a file for increase, or submit it as I would with additional medical evidence to the evidence intake center to be reviewed by the DRO along with the other evidence submitted for the conditions I am actually appealing? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much. 
      Also, to make sure that I have the correct fax number and address, could you include that as well. That would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks all. 
  • Our picks

• I have a 30% hearing loss and 10% Tinnitus rating since 5/17.  I have Meniere's Syndrome which was diagnosed by a VA facility in 2010 yet I never thought to include this in my quest for a rating.  Meniere's is very debilitating for me, but I have not made any noise about it because I could lose my license to drive.  I am thinking of applying for additional compensation as I am unable to work at any meaningful employment as I cannot communicate effectively because of my hearing and comprehension difficulties.  I don't know whether to file for a TDUI, or just ask for additional compensation.  My county Veterans service contact who helped me get my current rating has been totally useless on this when I asked her for help.  Does anyone know which forms I should use?  There are so many different directions to proceed on this that I am confused.  Any help would be appreciated.  Vietnam Vet 64-67. 
    • e-Benefits Status Messages 

Claims Process – Your claim can go from any step to back a step depending on the specifics of the claim, so you may go from Pending Decision Approval back to Review of Evidence. Ebenefits status is helpful but not definitive. Continue Reading
      • 0 replies
    • I was rated at 10% for tinnitus last year by the VA. I went to my private doctor yesterday and I described to him the problems that I have been having with my sense of balance. Any sudden movement of my head or movement while sitting in my desk chair causes me to lose my balance and become nauseous. Also when seeing TV if there are certain scenes,such as movement across or up and down the screen my balance is affected. The doctor said that what is causing the problem is Meniere's Disease. Does any know if this could be secondary to tinnitus and if it would be rated separately from the tinnitus? If I am already rated at 10% for tinnitus and I could filed for Meniere's does any one know what it might be rated at? Thanks for your help. 68mustang
      • 15 replies
    • Feb 2018 on HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran. Sharing top posts and a few statistics with you.
      • 0 replies
    • I have a 30% hearing loss and 10% Tinnitus rating since 5/17.  I have Meniere's Syndrome which was diagnosed by a VA facility in 2010 yet I never thought to include this in my quest for a rating.  Meniere's is very debilitating for me, but I have not made any noise about it because I could lose my license to drive.  I am thinking of applying for additional compensation as I am unable to work at any meaningful employment as I cannot communicate effectively because of my hearing and comprehension difficulties.  I don't know whether to file for a TDUI, or just ask for additional compensation.  My county Veterans service contact who helped me get my current rating has been totally useless on this when I asked her for help.  Does anyone know which forms I should use?  There are so many different directions to proceed on this that I am confused.  Any help would be appreciated.  Vietnam Vet 64-67.