• donate-be-a-hero.png

Curios ?

Rate this topic

betrayed

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of us are there on this board. Please reply only if you are 100 and P&T (schedular or IU it doesnt matter to me, but please indicate whether your schedular or IU). I am just curious........

I Am 100% P&T-IU and on S.S Disability

70% -PTSD

10 Tinitus

10 Athlete foot

20 Left Shoulder

• HadIt.com Elder

For whatever it's worth-- My father was a WW2 vet, placed on inactive duty (officer, pilot) due to malaria. He was sent home from the pacific with active malaria. The original grant was for 10% (all of about $13 mo) . The VA bugged him repeatedly for exams etc. The trip to the nearest VA facility was about 200 miles. Then the Korean war came along. The VA, at the request (I suppose) of DOD reduced or eliminated most of the lower comp. To 0 in my fathers case. Next, DOD tried to activate him, since with a comp of 0% he was obviously not having problems with malaria! (Wrong!) He had relapses well into the 1960's.

Since activation was voluntary, unless they activated my father as a pilot, and he refused voluntary activation, he did not get involved in the Korean war.

(Had they activated him anyway, he would have failed the required flight medical, due to a history of reoccurring malaria.) From a pension standpoint, he might have been better off going that route. As it was, he was a book keeper for an asphalt company at the time,and earning about $12,000 a year in 1950. Whatever the VA paid then, it was less than his salary.

70% AND IU FOR PTSD MARINES 91-96 AND THE VA SUCKS AND BUSH IS HORRIBLE.AND 0% FOR MALARIA.

• 3 weeks later...