100 P&t And Ssdi For Same Conditions

Rate this question

coconutvee

Question

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I FOUND THAT SSD WAS FASTER 6 MONTHS VA TOOK 3 YEARS. BUT SOME FIND IT FASTER THE OTHER WAY. I GOT 70% AND IU THEN GOT SSD. ALL WITHIN 1 MONTH. GIVE SSD ALL YOUR MEDICALL DOCS FROM THE VA AND GIVE IT TO SSD. DONT LET THE SSD DO IT.YOU MUST BE PROACTIVE AND PUSH YOUR PAPERWORK FOR THE VA AND SSD. I HAVE SAID IT MANY TIMES YOU MUST GET A DOCTOR TO STATE THAT YOU CANNOT PERFORME ANY TYPE OF WORK PERIOD. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT EVIDENCE BOTH FOR SSD AND THE VA. NOW SOME SAY AGE MAY PLAY A FACTOR AND OTHERTHINGS. I AM 34 AND GOT BOTH SSD AND IU P&T. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MEDICALL EVIDENCE THE STRONGER THE BETTER. THE MORE DOCTORS SAYING YOU CAN NO LONGER WORK THE BETTER. NOW I DO FEEL LUCKY FOR A PRETTY FAST ACTION IN MY CLAIM FOR SSD AND REAL LUCKY TO GET 100% FROM THE VA. BUT WITH THE HELP FROM HADIT I WORKED MY CLAIM MYSELF NEVER TAKE NO FOR A ANSWER. THE VA TURNED ME DOWN 2 TIMES FOR A INCREASE ( I WAS AT 50% FOR PTSD). THEY WANTED ME TO GOAWAY. I KEPT WORKING MY CLAIM LEARNED FROM HADIT WHAT I NEEDED WIN. AFTER 3 YEARS I GOT 70% AND IU P&T FOR PTSD. NEVER GIVE UP IT WILL COME. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU HAVE EARNED.MEDICALL EVIDENCE IS WHAT COUNTS. GOOD LUCK BROTHER.

I always say Medical Evidence is all that matters but you reminded me- PERSISTENSE PAYS OFF!

You are right- be proactive on the claim-

Rod was 100% for PTSD from SSA.

VA kept denying his claim for increase.

We asked two Senators and our COngressman to find out why Rod's SSA records were not being considered.

VA told them all that SSA had refused to honor the VA's numerous request for the SSA records.

That was BS.

I called SSA in Baltimore and made sure that someone helped me -I was on hold for almost half and hour-finally someone did help- the SSA had NEVER received any request at all from the VARO for these records.

Somehow the man in Baltimore got the local SSA office in Corning to send the Buffalo VARO what they had never requested.

The claim went back into the rating board and then Rod dropped dead.

I had to re-open both claims and the VARO screwed around more-as they had Rod's Sec 1151 claim to deal with too- so when they finally did award 100% PTSD Rod was dead for almost 3 years already.

It often takes working the claim yourself-whether you have SO or not-

and Persistence does pay off. And being able to live long enough to see it all through.

Edited by Berta

I have found that it appears SSI has an easier time granting PTSD or other mentally stressors. I got TDIU in less than a year, but lost first two requests at SSI. Allsup is handling the SSI and tells me 87% of their claims get approved at the administrative judicial process. SSI told me that even though I was on 2 different narcotics, and other neuropathy meds, that I could still do something sitting at a desk. SSI apparently doesn't take into account the effects the meds have on you. I asked them for an application, but was told they are a drug free organization, you must pass a drug test and not be on any medication that would alter your effectiveness.

• HadIt.com Elder

I applied for SSD and VA Disability simultaneously in 1991. SSD in 4 months and VA over 5 years to get 100%.

Well I put in the application for SSDI. I went to the VA and got copies of all my medical records and submitted it with a self report and all the other documents. The Person at the SS told me it would be proccessed as a TERI Claim because of my health. I also got apporved for Short Term Disability. A few people have told me it is harder to get approved for Short Term than it is for SSDI. Anyhow I just have to wait now and try to stay healthy as I can. Thanks all.

Social Security called to interview me about my daily living conditions such as cooking, grooming, memory, etc. The woman I spoke with said that she had everything she needed, but that my mental treatment was over two years old so they scheduled an appointment for a mental health exam. Is this a good or bad thing? Is there anything that I need to do or bring when I go to the appointment to help my chances of getting approved? Thanks for your help.