100% Disability & Work

Rate this question

david walker

Question

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you think that it's "discrimitory" that veterans rated at 100% can't work and that veterans rated at 100% of phisical injuries can is plain retarded.

Read the critera for 100% mental, duh.. no one could work and have a legitimate 100% mental disorder. It has nothing to do with other conditions and what you can do with those conditions. It's only about mental conditions and the system isn't a "he got it so I should to" type of system.

I just can't understand how any veteran could actually really read the critera for being 100% for a mental condition and still think that someone could work.

But there will always be the 10% of vets who b*itch and wine and say eveything is so messed up and wrong and that there getting a raw deal by the goverment.

"I am no less a person than the physically disabled"

WTF...Who saying you aren't? So dramatic...to emotional and not enough commonsense.

Okay, I'm usually pretty good natured here. This however is personal.

You call me retarded? Have you not read the other posts. 100% rated veterans with mental disabilities CAN work. They DO work. It is LEGAL for them to work. You might want to do some research, learn the Law, and then rely on your new found factual information instead of your commonsense. Because your commonsence has failed you though you seem to think your full of it.

There is more to US Code than the rating criteria for each disability. It may be a good idea for you to learn the basics before spouting off about rating criteria.

When you learn more words to use to make a point other than refering to a veteran with cognative dissorder as "retarded" or having "not enough commonsence" then I might be inclined to believe you know something other than what your colon polips look like.

Like I said. Stick around Hadit for awhile and learn. Then, maybe when you have some actuall, factuall information, you'll have an opinion worth peeing on.

Time

PS I just read through this persons other posts and had I known the intellect that I was replying to I wouldn't have bothered. I won't edit it but others can ignore it please.

Edited by timetowinarace

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get SSDI you can only earn about 800 bucks a month before you find yourself in trouble. With SSDI comes medicare. I don't think you want to lose that benefit.

If you get SSDI you can only earn about 800 bucks a month before you find yourself in trouble. With SSDI comes medicare. I don't think you want to lose that benefit.

If I'm working, I get health insurance. And I take home more money to cover any difference. Not to mention living a better life. (for me)

But this is about VA comp, not SSDI.

Time

Oneshot,

Maybe the regs need to be changed to make mental and physical disabilities the same when it comes to working. If your getting paid at the 100% rate, then you shouldn't be allowed to work. Isn't VA compensation paid for the loss of earnings power? If you are working then you have some earnings power. I lost my 100k railroad engineer job and the good retirement that comes along with it for VA disability and the stigma of being mentally ill. There are days, that are few and far between, which I probably could work.

We are all disabled and should be treated equally. People that aren't disabled for mental health reasons don't understand. If the mentaly disabled can't work at all then maybe they should be compensated at a higher rate. In addition, the families of mentally disabled veterans suffer from the disabled veterans. The families should be compensated for their suffering.

All I can say is my life sucks. I would love to work and not get nothing from the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Time

Don't let anyone talk you out of it. Go out and get a job. The best way to learn is by experience. I hope you find work soon. I hope all the 100% people who want to work find work.

Oneshot,

I understand what your saying but I know people that work with 70% mental, but rated 100% with other SC disabilities. Every situation has to be judged on its own merit and not put in one nicely wrap bow or we will all suffer. I currently am at 70% on SSDI and retired Navy and have put in a claim for TDIU, because my mental is not where it should be although there are days I feel invincible and then there are days that I cannot move. That is the reason most employers have laws governing disabled vets and ensuring that they are not discriminated against due to their disability.