Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"notice Of Award"

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

When the award letter is sent out, Does it come in a big yellow envelope like the VA or is it just a regular letter?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Mine came in a mid sized yellow folder with some booklets explaining work programs, reporting changes and other SSD info.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, the first thing the SSA tries to do is to get you to try and go back to work under a program they have for those who want to attempt work. If you are trying to get TDIU you don't want any part of that.

I remember reading on the Ticket to Work program - that the agency only gets paid if they get you working and OFF SSD. I was wondering if they mess up SSD by writing reports that you CAN work that much even if you can't.

Free

Yes, the first thing the SSA tries to do is to get you to try and go back to work under a program they have for those who want to attempt work. If you are trying to get TDIU you don't want any part of that.

Jay,

Keep us posted on when your notified. I am in the same boat. Decision made April 24. I will let you know when I get me answer.

I have read that 7/10 claims are sent to quality review and that takes an additional month to be notified.

I am going to call the 800 number daily to find out if the letter has been mailed. That way I know to expect it in the mail in a couple of days.

When I called a couple of weeks ago they said I should have it by May 21, that was before they told me a decision was made. Could be she lied so she wouldn't have to be bothered dodging questions

• HadIt.com Elder

If the award was made by an ALJ, you will get a copy of the Judges letter first.

If it was made by the SSA, Then it will take more time.

For the folks that get a favorable ALJ decision, once you get the letter, you can call SSA and they should tell you the details. Especially of the Judge issues a bench decision. (You know the decsision at the hearing). These are few but it is a relief knowing the decision is made on the spot.

J

The new story today is the "tickled date" to have file completed is June 16. Could be earlier could be later.