VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Billing Private Insure For Care. 1i'm 00% P&t?

Rate this question

coconutvee

Question

I'm 100% disabled P&T. I get treated at the VAMC for my service connected conditions, but the VA is billing United Heath care for it. WTF!!!!! Is this new? Now I'm stuck paying co-payments to UHC. I thought that the VA is supposed to treat all my service connected conditions for free? If they are wrong what can I do to correct this?

Thanks

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't understand why you are paying United Health Care co-pays. I understand maybe paying the provider co-pays, thats still wrong but I've never heard paying the insurance company co-pays. I also had United Health care for years were the VA charged for services, some were service connected and some weren't. I never paid co-pays to UHC.

After receiving 100% P&T I still had UHC for 3 years from my previous employer. For those three years the VA billed UHC for everything but I wasn't charged co-pays by UHC. It might show on the EOB (explanation of benefits) that there is a portion you owe(co-pays) but with the VA you don't owe anything if you are 100% P&T.

I'm 70% disable veteran and the VA is charging my insurance everytime I go to the VA clinic. I had talk to the VA about this matter. Nothing done about it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Even at 50 percent and above you pay no co-pays. The va can still bill your insurance for NSC conditions.

They do bill for SC conditions and when the Insurance Companies get a good whiff of it, They should ban together and have a class action lawsuit. It should be worth millions.

Who is the smarter ones, The Va or the Insurance companies.

Guest Vietnam Tanker

The VA has the right to bill insurance companies by law, but you are never liable for any co-pays, also by law

• HadIt.com Elder

Being 100 % P and T, Are you drawing SSDI.

You have medicare if you do. The VA cannot bill another Government insurance.

I know a fellow who was paying high premiums for private insurance and then dropped it when he got Medicare.

His family is covered unde Champ VA.

J