Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Locations Vso Located In Same Building

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well. I can't help but to ponder this? If DAV or any other VSO is not Affiliated with Veterans Administration How and Why are they most of the time in the same Facility or Building? A matter of convience or are they roommates,cousins,brotheres and sisters.please forgive me I do not wish to sound like I am paranoid BUT I feel this is a bit ackward.YOUR THOUGHTS ! Thank You All

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Hello All Hope All Is Well. I can't help but to ponder this? If DAV or any other VSO is not Affiliated with Veterans Administration How and Why are they most of the time in the same Facility or Building? A matter of convience or are they roommates,cousins,brotheres and sisters.please forgive me I do not wish to sound like I am paranoid BUT I feel this is a bit ackward.YOUR THOUGHTS ! Thank You All

I truly believe that they are co-located purposely to afford better service to the veteran and facilitate communication between the VSO and the VARO. There is no sinister plot here...

• HadIt.com Elder

It would be a good idea if it were handled correctly.

The VSO has access to the RO and should be able to get to a claim at any time to check the status for his client. But no, They dont do that.

I also think it creates conflicts of interest's by them being together.

Lunches and friendships and ECT.

The VSO should support Vets. They dont follow anything, just submit paperwork. I use them as copy people and paper runners.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

The thing that really amazes me is that my VSO has a va.gov email address now. When asked if he worked for the va now he just said, no but it is easier to get email now using this. hummmmmmmmmm so now the VA can read all of my comments, strategy, moves I am thinking of doing?? as I email this info to him.

I heard free rent too, but they told me they pay rent to be there...then why do they pay the VA $60,000. per year to be able to utalize the VA's computer system to view all activity and anything and everything?

Something sounds a little fishy to me.

Just like head of DAV working for the VA too. Conflicts??? You be the judge. And you represent who? And you are on who's fence?

• HadIt.com Elder

Something to consider, the VA trains the VSO's. I believe they train them just to a level bordering incompetence. I've seen the book they use and it's pathetic, which is probably why most aren't worth a darn. When I first started, my claim, back in the early 90's, I asked the AL VSO, at the VARO, in Manchester, NH, to look at his copy of Title 38, to which he answered "what's that?" (and he'd been there about 15 yrs) Once I explained what it was we found a 20yo copy in his bookcase. He had no idea what it contained or what it was used for.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the VSO's often just put the paperwork you give them in their envelope and send it to the VA via interoffice mail. That's it. These guys are not taking your claim and looking up case law and doing all that jazz. Either you do it, or hire a lawyer to do it. I had a VFW rep argue that I should get more compensation not because of my medical condition, but because I had a personality disorder. Of course, I lost. This was years ago but now I understand how dumb that was I would never use these guys for anything serious. I should have sued them if I had known what the hell they did.