Rate this question

MikeS

Question

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you turn it on it head would the fact that a veteran is housebound mean that he is 100% for a mental condition PTSD or otherwise?

Philip Rogers

I wish this statement you made was true, but it isn't, but if it is, then some VARO, are not going by the regulations.

(when a claimant is awarded 100% scheduler, for PTSD, housebound becomes an inferred issue, which must be decided at that time, so the 100% + 60% requirement is not required.)

I got 100% P&T scheduler for PTSD, plus i have panic attacks with agoraphobia, that is included with the PTSD award somehow, a couple of years back, and wasn't even told about housebound, happen to read it on hadit, so applied and was denied, no C&P, just denied, they claimed I needed the extra 60% to be considered, of course, I know that isn't true, so appealed again, and now 6 months lated still waiting.

• HadIt.com Elder
Philip Rogers

I wish this statement you made was true, but it isn't, but if it is, then some VARO, are not going by the regulations.

(when a claimant is awarded 100% scheduler, for PTSD, housebound becomes an inferred issue, which must be decided at that time, so the 100% + 60% requirement is not required.)

I got 100% P&T scheduler for PTSD, plus i have panic attacks with agoraphobia, that is included with the PTSD award somehow, a couple of years back, and wasn't even told about housebound, happen to read it on hadit, so applied and was denied, no C&P, just denied, they claimed I needed the extra 60% to be considered, of course, I know that isn't true, so appealed again, and now 6 months lated still waiting.

Frosty, have you ever known the VA to lie!!!!!!!! (think about them quoting 4.16a but not 4.16b) When you received the 100% schedular award for PTSD, the VA must have decided whether you were housebound or needed A&A. Failure to do so leaves that claim and the EED open. You should refile, stating their error and request a C&P, which they are required to give. In the mean time gather your evidence.

Philip Rogers

yes, i know they lie all the time, and always quote 4.16a, in the VA eyes 4.16b doesn't exist, have call it on them many times, and shown it to them in person, but they always tell me, that they don't have to follow part b, only a, and we all know that is BS. I was never told about housebound/ A&A, yes did refile and told them their error. I filed my second appeal in March of this year, citing grievous error, bordering on a CUE claim, but haven't heard anything back from them yet. they have all the evidence, I have, I requested a C&P EXAM ON 3 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, BUT THEY JUST IGNORE ME, sorry about capitals, to lazy to type over.

• HadIt.com Elder
Philip Rogers

yes, i know they lie all the time, and always quote 4.16a, in the VA eyes 4.16b doesn't exist, have call it on them many times, and shown it to them in person, but they always tell me, that they don't have to follow part b, only a, and we all know that is BS. I was never told about housebound/ A&A, yes did refile and told them their error. I filed my second appeal in March of this year, citing grievous error, bordering on a CUE claim, but haven't heard anything back from them yet. they have all the evidence, I have, I requested a C&P EXAM ON 3 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, BUT THEY JUST IGNORE ME, sorry about capitals, to lazy to type over.

Frosty, sounds like you've got it under control and the VA is just taking their sweet ole time. You might just want to confirm that they have your claim, in your c-file and it hasn't "gotten lost."