Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Stimulus Of 150 Billion May Be Heading Our Way

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

News reports a new stimulus package may be introduced in the comming weeks. The Fed Secretary has stated it needed to be a substantial one in order to jump start the sluggish economy. Report says 150 billion but I think it will be substantially larger.

They may attempt to do it before thge end of the year as the economy needs immediate relief from the stress of the financial crisis.

Democrats in Congress are also pushing efforts to assemble a second economic stimulus program that could total $150 billion or more. On Monday, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said a "significant" stimulus package is appropriate. The White House has yet to endorse the idea, but has said President Bush was at least willing to consider a second stimulus measure.

Edited by jbasser

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't get your hopes up just yet. They aren't really talking about tax rebates this time. It has been mentioned, but isn't getting much favor. Especially since it did nothing for the economy last time. They are talking about extending unemployment benefits and increasing food stamp money :lol: ...that sounds like a lot of confidence, don't it?

Might be a good idea to remind folks of the impending inflation. It might not rear it's head until next year, but with all the money that's been printed to "save" us, it will be here soon. Just be prepared.

• Founder

on a similar note, don't you think we ought to ask our congressional representatives that before they go giving away 750 billion dollars, folks ought to have to go through as much as we do to prove they have a claim or is it just me...maybe i've just had to much coffee :lol:

News reports a new stimulus package may be introduced in the comming weeks. The Fed Secretary has stated it needed to be a substantial one in order to jump start the sluggish economy. Report says 150 billion but I think it will be substantially larger.

They may attempt to do it before thge end of the year as the economy needs immediate relief from the stress of the financial crisis.

Democrats in Congress are also pushing efforts to assemble a second economic stimulus program that could total $150 billion or more. On Monday, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said a "significant" stimulus package is appropriate. The White House has yet to endorse the idea, but has said President Bush was at least willing to consider a second stimulus measure.

Greetings All:

I have a fantastic Idea!

Why don't we follow some of the advice from the Veterans Benefits Commision or was that commision on Veterans Benefits. If they give vets a 25% accross the board increase for quality of life issues i am sure we will spend some of it! Best of all it kills two birds with one stone helps boost the economy and begins to address some of the things that should be done to help veterans.

Makes way to much since, they wont even consider it :lol:

Best regards,

Tyler

• HadIt.com Elder

Do not beleive anything that says you will be getting another check.

If any package is approved it will be for infrastructure.

• HadIt.com Elder

The 25% Quality of life comes with a lot of strings and I trust that many here will struggle with that decision. For one thing to get it you have to agree to being reviewed just as Social Security does but perhaps every 3 years. Supposedly the VA is supposed to give their input withing 220 days so I guess we will see.