Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had It Huh?

Rate this question

lamontino

Question

:angry: everytime i posted something. People look at the information than say they going to help. Than disappears and never hear back from any one.

It will seem that if you havent "serviced" the military for !years! and than got hurt or not an !war! vet, you cant get help here. Not like those people whom severed years or was in a war.

I think thats bull and prejudice. I here you all scream "I want to do for all vets and screamin this and that. Like you sooooooooooo pro vet. But when it comes down to it you could careless about the vets whom only service only a few months.

Its like "you just trying to get something free". Thats BULL to. Not all vets trying to get a hand-out. SOme really got hurt. Like me. But when us few-months-vets try to get help.

We are treat like second-hand vets. Because we didnt stay in long or didnt lose a freakin limb or leg. We are the vets whom are always put on the back burner before all other vets. the ones whom have to fight extra extra hard to even get a 10% rating. the ones whom have to appeal fifty thousand times to get a even birds eye view of your c file. Can you all See US? Thats wrong.

I wonder if I would have just plain out lied about my service years or being a war vet. Would I have gotten some help for you all FOREAL????

Yes, I pissed. I pissed at how us few-month-vets are not getting help from this site like all the other vets (whom could be potentially lying about their years or war, hell george bush did). I have read all the forums posted 89% of the posts done by few-month-vets are left unanswered, forgotten,laugh at, or plain olde mis-direct on what to do. And I hope that all vet that do this to us go ___________ and rot.

Hell its more non vets and spouses of vets helping vets out more then vets. hows that for laughs..........lol......

So if I get banned from the group because of my thoughts, its a crying shame......................because it is what it is, the truth......

So dont talk about it BE ABOUT IT!!!! Help your fellow VEt!! ALL OF THEM

Edited by lamontino

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Brother, let me tell you something I didn't bother to reading all the post and most of these guys here are working over time to help others and there are more people here than ever before looking for help just like you, I can vouch for that and as for how much time you served don't mean shit. I gave my whole youth to the military years and got some riffle time too and guarantee I had a better claim than you and got it broke off in me clean and that not your fault there are others to so before you go off on a rant remember most of us feel that same way your service time aside.

First of all you need to educate your self and be proactive in your own claim, nobody cares more than you and I can say with pretty much certainty sounding off like you did sure would want me to do crap for you if I could show you what you needed to do. kill'em with kindness and I'm sure you'll get what your looking for sooner or later I have found a lot of them go out of there way to help. I know how it feels to want it right now and nothing moving and then I started to see others as "less important than me and why was i treated the way and others so well for lesser crap" brother don't start down this road because the only person that is pissed off the most is you and after a while you start to see its the system not those your attacking, they already have a lot on there plate and what help they give is a gift not a requirment even though a lot of them feel it is a requirment this is what you need to know..................

Some people say how long they have been in service, but most don't. That has never been a prerequesit. We all fight for the same thing JUSTICE!

We have good days, and most of the time bad days, but are thankful we wake up to another day, so we can beat the bast*rds who choose to DENY & DENY us.

This site represents people in the same boat, all holding on to the same life preserver, trying to grasp the lifeline. Put out your hand and we will find room for another. Learn from some, take what you can, and grow in the knowledge that vets are #1 here and "we fight for eachother, not with eachother !" :angry:

Lamintino. Never give up --never lose faith. The tougher the VA can make it, they will. They (VA) will use tactics such as: delay, deny, lose your claim, multiple exams, request more of the same evidence, and of course if all else fails--there is always the dreaded "shredder". I seldom post, but many times all or part of my question/or interest is answered in someone else's post. Sometimes difficult questions involve a lot of research and thought to provide a good/accurate answer. Please believe me, everyone on here is interested in helping someone. We all have been frustrated at some point in dealing with our/others claim's. Read, read, read, and ask. Sometimes it will take time, sometimes (maybe) no one knows, and possibly sometimes the answer is not what we want to hear. One thing for sure: we are all in this battle together. Never turn your anger or frustration at others---keep it directed towards the VA. Win or lose, we must all stick together. I've been fighting the VA for 37 years, I'm not done yet. *My last claim will be my Bronze (headstone) Marker, it better be shiny, neat, and nice, or I'm coming back after them!!

I;m way to new to the VA to tell you I understand, but i can tell you that the Marine in me says never quit. Keep striving, keep pushing, you will get the results your looking for maybe not over night, but it will happen. From what i learned on here a lot of people have been screwed over, but no one should just quit, if your messed up and they did it or caused it, well then they should compensate u for it. Good luck

Thank you brother, and GOD BLess you and all

First let me say the if your denial was based upon a mix up by the VA in 1987 and that same mix up was not disclosed to you until you got to the court, the decision to hire an attorney is one of the best decisions you have ever made. He or she will have the legal know-how to maybe get this thing awarded with much back pay.

As to your anger it is understood. However, keep in mind that even us 20 year war vets are treated the same as you by the VA. If you are not part of the VA political manuver group (iraq/afghan vets) then you are left out in left field all by your self no matter if you served on month or twenty years.

As to you anger at this site: this site, since I have been on it and that has been a while, does not turn its head on anyone. We have vets that served just the min time to obtain benefits, we have widows of vets etc...... all are treated the same - they are treated as human beings with a little special touch for being a vet or the loved one of a vet. Now you may not have heard what you wanted to hear, that which we all want to hear "hey yes you will win your claim" but that does not mean we have turned our backs on you.

As your claim is now at the court, it is apparent that no matter what did or said would have made any difference to the VA - your claim was destined to be denied by them. Let your attorney work the issue for he or she holds the legal degree. However, come back to Hadit for moral support for regardless of what you think at this point there are many terrific people here. Calm down abit and I know that is hard for this VA road will wear one down quickly. God bless you and I wish you the best of luck at the court.

I will review your old posts to see if I can find any issue for you to discuss with your attorney that may assist you. However, keep in mind I am not an attorney and any thing that I say is simply based upon my personal opinion.

Well, and update to my case:

Now, since I hire a lawyer, the general counsel was order within 30 days from Sept 19, 2008, general counsel is order to provide my attorney with the ROA. As of today that hasnt happen. I called my attorney to notified him of the due dates. He said that the general counsel called him and ask verbally for an instrinion of time until Nov 20, 2008 for whatever reason he needed it. But on the court record it doesnt reflect that.

I am now in the process of obtaining the mental records back from my attorney (I gave him all the documents I had) so that I can file another claim (now that the VA decided to give me my in patient stay records which they said they never had)for depression, anxiety disorder.

GUys why cant the CVA judge rule on that information which is of record before the BVA even though i didnt file a claim for it?

It would seem that the judge would review the records as a whole even though the VA didnt assistant me and making a claim for it.

Lastly, I do apprieciate everyone help. I just feel like I am losing everything because I barely surviving on benefits for SSI and SSA. I have kids that I want to do something for in my life.

I have never been able to buy them something they wanted. Every christmas been a false promise of gifts that never reach them. As a single parent (because everyone women left me because I couldnt work)its hard raising to female girls and with there body changing every years, its hard for me to understand what they going through.

As most of you all know, My mother past last year whom was my best friend. I have no one else to lean on or to talk to about the pain of trying to do this and the pain of wanting to at least afford to have or get my children something special.

I am not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me, I just want people to understand what my heart and minds goes throughs everyday. Hell, dealing with the VA will make someone go crazy or have PTSD....lol

I try to be happy because I know that I have to beauiful daughter, if no one else that loves me. My only wish you all is to get justice from the lost of being able to go to cheer my oldest sports while she was in school, and the lost time I losted from not being able to work and provide for them or my ex's as a MAN.

I wish nothing but us all to the best and I sincerly apolize for my short judgement of Hadit.

Its just hard for me because I see my kids need things that I have No money to provide to them.

So please forgive me of my malicous-not-thinking wording.