VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Need Records From The National Archives?

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yoggie,

Did you ever receive your vital records, this may help you.

Betty

Betty all that was in my Mental Health File was my examinations from when I entered service and reenlistment evals. nothing else what so ever. I have in medical my medical records where I had completed an anger Mgt class but the documentation of the class in my MH file gone. Treatment for depression, records gone. Treated in area of combat operations, Records gone, nothing but an empty file with my entry in to service Mental Health exams. I personally saw these records together when I moved from Ft. Eustis VA to Ft Campbell KY in 1993. Now I fear I will never see them again..............

• HadIt.com Elder

I may be going to the NARA, in Maryland, where the unit records/lessons learned/after action reports are kept, not personnel records. It's where they find the records to verify stressors.

pr

Well, if the records that you are offering to obtain pertain to personal SMR's or military records about a specific individual, then, if I'm not mistaken (and I just obtained my Father's records from St. Louis) then you will need to be able to convince them that you either are that person or that you are that person's next-of-kin, and provide a reason why you are requesting these records.

just sayin..............

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sad to report I was unable to get to the National Archives. I only spent 2 days. Saturday & Sunday, in DC, before becoming overwhelmed, by the events going on and my personal emotions, causing me to extricate myself from the area. I'm sorry I couldn't do it!

pr

Hello All Hope All Is Well. I have requested numerous times from NPR St.Louis MO. All Active Duty Records,NPR could not produce most of them very scattered at best.Although I was able to obtain Hospitalization Records while on active duty which is a plus clearly shows 50 days in hospital while on active duty.It seems to me the more you request your files and or request for an increase for service connection the more difficult the process or getting this processed becomes, Is it just me or have any of you expierence this as well?