Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Thank You Berta!

Rate this topic

yoggie2

I faxed them some of the fact surrounding my claim though our company was attached to many UNITS in Somalia the JSRRC did find something, a record of an attack that took place on our compound "Russian Tank Factory" that lasted 4 hours. I was really concerned at first when i sent the request because I had to pick 2 weeks of our tour there for them to investigate, so being it was constant engagements I just picked 2 week time frame. Now the VA don't have to look in my VA and private medical records for these incidents, when the VARO was suppose to do this search in the first place..I found a memo in my C-file stating they had no record at all, this was coming from the Dept of the VA that was supposed to contact the JSRRC for verification for the VARO they had not checked any records of incidents just my medical records, private and VA how about that crap!

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yoggie-I am just livid about the crap VA pulls on us-

and nothing surprises me at all!

Many every vet should contact JRSRRC themselves to get their stressors verified.

"I found a memo in my C-file stating they had no record at all, this was coming from the Dept of the VA that was supposed to contact the JSRRC for verification for the VARO they had not checked any records of incidents just my medical records, private and VA how about that crap"

HOW MANY TIMES HAS VA DONE THIS!!!!!!

How many vets lost their claims because VA failed to even contact JSRRC?

I am glad that the suggestion has helped you-

lets hope it helps----

and make sure you read the VA Fast Letter at VA Watchdog today- it made History.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I tell ya Berta the VARO has brought a whole new meaning to perfecting your claim. What they really mean is if you can come to a place to where you can stop us (VARO) from denying your claim and survive the vetting process and stop us cold because you have copies of evidence we shredded, document,claims,ect....and that to include putting your claim together and contacting the branches of government doing the research for documents your self to prove your own claim we are here to help you...If you have made copies,lol...

Thanks, Berta for the contacts that made the differance, JBasser, Rentalguy, Hoopy for putting together and locking the doors behind me to keep the VA in line. I could not have done this in no way shape or form by my self, I wouldn't bet against you. And John999 ,Pete53 ,Carlie being in my corner offering me help on how to attack the problems that confronted me and all for pushing me when I gave up and saw my end in site you gave me reason to drive on. I no longer feel I am counting my chickens. It is a matter of time now, this JSRRC letter is the icing I needed. I now have an air tight claim (I HAVE STAMPED COPIES,LOL)....one thing I will never forget is getting that brown envelope that had DENIAL all over it and shocked me to my core and brought me to my knees and the whole time thinking I would win on integrity a lone but I guess when they were shedding claims there integrity went in to the shredding bens along with the claims. You can't feel good about that in your own heart knowing you have just destroyed someones life or had part in it.

Edited by yoggie2

It really makes me wonder-

how they can damage OUR integrity is just unacceptable to me-

I found out recently that when I filed a Tort for wrongful death years ago -the VA had actually done 4 or 5 medical reviews on the claim-

I was aware of the first one- within months after filing the FTCA and Sec1511 claim the VA had obtained a medical review that supported my charges that they killed my husband-verified by the regional counsel and even the doctor who prepared the report-

The report which supported these claims vanished-so did they-

(the doc and the RC retired)

Then VACO prepared a report that was faulty and I questioned it aggressively and then -upon receipt of the evidence that I realised the RO had withheld from them(can you imagine that-the RO selectively sent the head cardiologist in DC only some of the C file and med recs)I won the FTCA and ultimately the DIC claim under 1151.

I just found out that two other medical reports were solicited by the VA-one from O LM VA in Buffalo and one fasked for by another VA attorney in VACO.I guess those reports too supported my claim- if they were negative this would have given the VA more Ammo to deny.

I have asked the VA Office of Legal Medical some tough questions.

Since when does the VA solicit medical reports on ANY type of claim and then the reports never see the light of day?

The more questions I have been asking lately , the more information I have found out as to just how determined VA was to deny my wrongful death claim.

This is wrong. And I believe this has happened to many others with FTCA or Section 1151 claims.

It just goes to show how defiant the VA is and this is a travesty against veterans and widows of vets.

Someone makes decisions at our ROs that determines whose claim will succeed and whose wont.(By determining if the evidence gets read)

That decision might be made by some new and yet fully untrained employee or an imbecle who can't read or perhaps by a very well seasoned employee with some bias against the claimant.

None of this crap happened overnight either and I think every single denied claim should be suspect for some sort of VA shinanigans.

Here is a fine example of the VA hard work to deny a claim, saying there is not enough info in my stressor statement or in Marine Corps records, being that I am Army and the Marines had already left I can see why it would be hard to get info from the JSRRC, My commander wrote a statement describing the same events and more than what was stated in the JSRRC his letter was ignored. I call, I fax, I receive letter from JSRRC describing events of combat I described in my stressor letter in 1 week. Yeah they really went out on a limb. As for my SMR's I was treated in the area of combat for fatigue and depression and on my return and anger mgt classes. Documented in my SMR Medical file but no record of anything in my mental health file, it was empty except for my MH exams to inter service. Now with the facts look what the VARO in indy had to offer. They didn't want to find a stressor they did not call or request crap, if I can find it in a week am I to beleive THEY being the VA could find nothing at all.

I have to add so when the VA just failed to look for a stressor "purposely" The sent me to a Mental Health Eval fast and requested the doctor not examine me for "PTSD or eating disorders"

so he gave me a "Borderline Personalty Disorder" GAF 40

Yeah,Jim I was so pissed I could not see straight after I had learned of what they did.

post-3067-1226978814_thumb.jpg

Edited by yoggie2

Jim- I need to contact you off the board-

you asked some very provocative questions-

and no one knows better then me- how low the VA will go to try to get out of FTCA settlement-

will try your email

Berta

• Tell a friend

Love HadIt.com’s VA Disability Community Vets helping Vets since 1997? Tell a friend!
  • Recent Achievements

• kidva earned a badge
      First Post
    • kidva earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Lebro earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • spazbototto earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Paul Gretza earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Our picks

• These decisions have made a big impact on how VA disability claims are handled, giving veterans more chances to get benefits and clearing up important issues.

Service Connection

Frost v. Shulkin (2017)
      This case established that for secondary service connection claims, the primary service-connected disability does not need to be service-connected or diagnosed at the time the secondary condition is incurred 1. This allows veterans to potentially receive secondary service connection for conditions that developed before their primary condition was officially service-connected. 

Saunders v. Wilkie (2018)
      The Federal Circuit ruled that pain alone, without an accompanying diagnosed condition, can constitute a disability for VA compensation purposes if it results in functional impairment 1. This overturned previous precedent that required an underlying pathology for pain to be considered a disability.

Effective Dates

Martinez v. McDonough (2023)
      This case dealt with the denial of an earlier effective date for a total disability rating based on individual unemployability (TDIU) 2. It addressed issues around the validity of appeal withdrawals and the consideration of cognitive impairment in such decisions.

Rating Issues

Continue Reading on HadIt.com
      • 0 replies
    • I met with a VSO today at my VA Hospital who was very knowledgeable and very helpful.  We decided I should submit a few new claims which we did.  He told me that he didn't need copies of my military records that showed my sick call notations related to any of the claims.  He said that the VA now has entire military medical record on file and would find the record(s) in their own file.  It seemed odd to me as my service dates back to  1981 and spans 34 years through my retirement in 2015.  It sure seemed to make more sense for me to give him copies of my military medical record pages that document the injuries as I'd already had them with me.  He didn't want my copies.  Anyone have any information on this.  Much thanks in advance.  
      • 4 replies
    • Caluza Triangle defines what is necessary for service connection
      Caluza Triangle – Caluza vs Brown defined what is necessary for service connection. See COVA– CALUZA V. BROWN–TOTAL RECALL

This has to be MEDICALLY Documented in your records:

Current Diagnosis.   (No diagnosis, no Service Connection.)

In-Service Event or Aggravation.
      Nexus (link- cause and effect- connection) or Doctor’s Statement close to: “The Veteran’s (current diagnosis) is at least as likely due to x Event in military service”
      • 0 replies
    • Do the sct codes help or hurt my disability rating 
    • VA has gotten away with (mis) interpreting their  ambigious, , vague regulations, then enforcing them willy nilly never in Veterans favor.  

They justify all this to congress by calling themselves a "pro claimant Veteran friendly organization" who grants the benefit of the doubt to Veterans.  

This is not true, 

Proof:  

About 80-90 percent of Veterans are initially denied by VA, pushing us into a massive backlog of appeals, or worse, sending impoverished Veterans "to the homeless streets" because  when they cant work, they can not keep their home.  I was one of those Veterans who they denied for a bogus reason:  "Its been too long since military service".  This is bogus because its not one of the criteria for service connection, but simply made up by VA.  And, I was a homeless Vet, albeit a short time,  mostly due to the kindness of strangers and friends. 

Hadit would not be necessary if, indeed, VA gave Veterans the benefit of the doubt, and processed our claims efficiently and paid us promptly.  The VA is broken. 

A huge percentage (nearly 100 percent) of Veterans who do get 100 percent, do so only after lengthy appeals.  I have answered questions for thousands of Veterans, and can only name ONE person who got their benefits correct on the first Regional Office decision.  All of the rest of us pretty much had lengthy frustrating appeals, mostly having to appeal multiple multiple times like I did. 

I wish I know how VA gets away with lying to congress about how "VA is a claimant friendly system, where the Veteran is given the benefit of the doubt".   Then how come so many Veterans are homeless, and how come 22 Veterans take their life each day?  Va likes to blame the Veterans, not their system.   

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use