No Purple Hearts For Stress Cases

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't think it matter one way or the otehr.. Its not going to put more money in anyone's pocket... and another medal is just another medal... once your out no one gives a tinkers damn what medals you earned and while a PH might impress a Kid, for an old coot like me it just means you forgot to duck........

(just an attempt at a little humor dont castrate me now :lol: )

Teac:

I`ve got 2 PH and neither one did I forget to duck. Also, kids that get hit by snipers or step on a mine or booby trap and lose their legs didn`t forget to duck.

The comment doesn`t bother me, but it could hurt some guy sitting in a wheelchair in front of his puter screen.

Cavman

Edited by Cavman

personally i think a purple heart should go to someone who has a battle injury

inflicted by the enemy ,now what you classify as a battle injury is another thing.

i guess if you are suffering from ptsd pretty bad that is an injury of the mind.

i just hate to judge,but i really dont care about medals and things like that.

i never thought of winning a medal while in vietnam .

• In Memoriam

VA sets Rules for Purple Heart recipients.

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=202

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

I think there needs to be stricter guidelines for award of the Purple Heart. While I was stationed at Rhein-Main AB Germany a terrorist blew up our HQ bldg. A TON of ppl who were inside the bldg at the time rcvd the Purple Heart for things like flying glass injuries....one guy I knew suffered a broken arm when a fridge door slammed shut on his arm due to the blast....all kinds of crap like that. Hardly "combat" injuries. To me that cheapens the Purple Heart. But that's just my opinion.

Teac:

I`ve got 2 PH and neither one did I forget to duck. Also, kids that get hit by snipers or step on a mine or booby trap and lose their legs didn`t forget to duck.

The comment doesn`t bother me, but it could hurt some guy sitting in a wheelchair in front of his puter screen.

Cavman

Are you saying guys like me that sit in from of the computer in a wheelchair can't take a joke... Man that is like telling a Black guy he don't sound black...

Now Like I said to begin with just an attempt at a litter humor don't castrate me... hell then I have no legs :lol: .... darn some people......

• HadIt.com Elder

The purple heart / PTSD issue aired on the NBC nightly news today. The civilians are scratching their heads tonight.

I remember what happened to the Bronze Star

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"