Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Psychology Exam

Rate this question

gp747

Question

i am scheduled for two exams ,one is a psychology test and one is psychology

clinic. if you have been through this i need your advice.

(1)should i take some of my records of hospitalization summary's ?

(2)i know i need to take someone with me who knows my history,but that may

not be possible everybody is passed and my wife may have to be in hospital.

(3) what do i need to look up and read for bi-polar,panic attacks, ptsd ?

(4) i am 30% bi-polar and ptsd ,panic attacks was listed on my award.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

do you know what these tests are called? many psych-type tests are multiple choice. there really is no prep as you know yourself best and that is what it is based on. it's based on how you are...not based on what you know about certain conditions.

it wouldn't hurt to take a copy of any records that you feel that the testing doc doesn't already have.

do you know what these tests are called? many psych-type tests are multiple choice. there really is no prep as you know yourself best and that is what it is based on. it's based on how you are...not based on what you know about certain conditions.

it wouldn't hurt to take a copy of any records that you feel that the testing doc doesn't already have.

after the test i have a psychology exam by a psychologist i feel i am really

messed up and very sick mentally,but the examiners do have tricky ways to

minimize your level of disability. i have been through the tests before the multiple

questions . the psychology exam by a doc is scheduled also.

• HadIt.com Elder

skunk,

Consider that psychologists have the discretion to believe what you tell them or not believe what you tell them. They do not always tell you what they are thinking. Then their report comes out and it sounds very different than what you expected. The following is advice for appointments with the psychologist. On a test day you might not even see the psychologist.

To prevent this I have recommended that a person take as much documentation as they can with them to the appointment with the psychologist. Also, you can tell the examiner that if there is anything that you say that they think is not believable that you will be glad to have your friends or family come in and talk to them at your next appointment.

You do not need to tell the examiner that you want them to read the documents you brought with you. However, in important issues you can mention that you have documentation with you if they want to review it.

If you have not worked in a long time and this is an issue in your claim, it might be a good idea to get an earnings statement from Social Security and take it with you.

Edited by Hoppy

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

skunk,

Consider that psychologists have the discretion to believe what you tell them or not believe what you tell them. They do not always tell you what they are thinking. Then their report comes out and it sounds very different than what you expected. The following is advice for appointments with the psychologist. On a test day you might not even see the psychologist.

To prevent this I have recommended that a person take as much documentation as they can with them to the appointment with the psychologist. Also, you can tell the examiner that if there is anything that you say that they think is not believable that you will be glad to have your friends or family come in and talk to them at your next appointment.

You do not need to tell the examiner that you want them to read the documents you brought with you. However, in important issues you can mention that you have documentation with you if they want to review it.

If you have not worked in a long time and this is an issue in your claim, it might be a good idea to get an earnings statement from Social Security and take it with you.

thanks hoppy that helps,i am trying to find someone who has the time to go with

me who knows my history,as my wife may not be able to go. all the people except

a sister in law are gone and she has a real busy schedule. i am going to do the best

i can . my documentation should be enough,but they probably want to know what

is going on now and that is where i need someone with me.

I just took a two hour multiple choice psychological test thursday that was ordered by the VA psychiatrist and given by the psychologist. The only reason they ordered it was for the psychiatrist to get some ideas of my mental state, I guess.

There were three parts with the last part the longest. Having ADHD made it difficult to hold my attention. I noticed some questions were repeated through all three sections.

The psychologist said that either she would write a report and give it to the psychiatrist or I would meet with her and the psychiatrist and discuss it.

Some of the questions would deal with alcohol or drugs. Some with relationships. Some crazy questions like "Do you see animals or people that others don't see?" . Some benign questions like would you like to be a florist. Some questions about nightmares and experiences you don't want to talk about. Some questions about your value system like is it okay for you to cheat on something or take something if it's not hurting anyone. I could go on and on. But If you want to answer honestly it's easy to do. If you want to appear that you are a psycho crazy and have no relation with reality, you can do that easily. I think they repeat questions throughout just to see if you are being truthful. But it keeps you on your toes because there is not one question that is like the next question. They are all over the board. That is why I was having trouble concentrating and needed to reread questions.

I was just in a room by myself with the computer. This psychologist who is young and condesending with her remarks is hard to take . The first time I met with her she asked if I knew how to read. This time she asked me if I new how to use a mouse on the computer. Next time I met with her I am going to ask her if she is a pediatric psychologist working with 3 year olds.

So just relax and click the mouse about a thousand times and be on your way because they send it out to be evaluated I would think.

Peace, Cuchi