VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Management Center (amc)

Rate this question

Wings

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

January 31, 2009

RE: 397/AMC

CC: Board of Veterans Appeals

VA File No. xxx-xx-xxxx

BVA Docket No. xx-xx xxx

First Name Last Name

Sreet Address

City, State, Zip code

Tel. Number

Department of Veterans Appeals

Appeals Management Center

1722 Eye Street NW

Washington DC 20421

First Name, Last Name, Pro Se

NOTICE OF DISAGREEMENT (NOD) (6 pages)(evidence attached)

OK, I left it on the web long enough. I work hard to keep my ID protected on the internet. ... I don't like those internet spiders that crawl the web for free information. Thanks everybody for your comments and positive vibes!! ~Wings

Edited by Wings

• Answers 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

x

x

x

I'll post the Decision when it published on the BVA server. It's 8 pages, and I would have to hunt and pack (type) until the cows come home, and frankly, I have better things to do with my time. I guess I am feeling a little angry. I could spit and cuss and kick dirt, but this is a family friendly forum . . . I love you guys!! HUGS!! ~Wings

Hello Wings

My advice like the other is to take a deep breath, and continue to fight, I read some of the advices, but I did not see one to contact your Congressman and tell him or her the injustice that these people are doing. I had a case that was remanded and I was given the run around, I wrote my Congressman and within a year from the Congressman getting involved my situation was resolved favorally on my behalf.

Hang in there and keep on trucking.

Izzy

• HadIt.com Elder
x

x

x

I'm glad this is over, at least for nw ;-) ;-) ~Wings

My heart is with you. I wish you peace, and I urge you to take joy in it being over. My advice is to rest awhile and celebrate the finale. You are truly free from the burden of the fight, for a while, if you wish. I have experienced the torment that follows such letters. With me, it would come like a thief in the night. When I would wake in the morning, I would have a few moments of peace before the torment began. The reawakening of the argument, and my rebuttal to the VA's nonsense would replay like the annoying screech of a snooze button going off, and chase me out of bed. Coffee and toil helps, however, intrusive thoughts are a part of PTSD. I have learned that time heals these wounds of injustice. With time, I found peace in knowing that I was right and the VA was clearly and unmistakably wrong. I caught myself laughing at the VA, one morning, and in that moment, I found relief. Time is truly a miracle drug for such wounds. For many decades, because of the ten dollar rule, lawyers were not an option. Now, you can find a law firm that handles VA claims. You have developed a splendid file. Perhaps, after a while( barring any deadlines ), you could consider passing the torch to a lawyer. I have discovered that peace of mind is worth more than any retro check. My most positive thoughts are with you.

Bob

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• HadIt.com Elder

When the RO denies the remanded CUE hire a lawyer. Let him worry about it. Don't give up, but you will have time before the RO makes the decision. Forget about it until then. I handed my CUE to a lawyer and now he works on it. I don't worry about it. If I win that's fine. If not then I tried my best.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Board of Veterans Appeals

DOCKET NO. 06-33 573

Decision Date April 30, 2009

ORDER

The appeal seeking CUE in the August 1988 administrative decision is dismissed.

There being no valid claim in the matter, the appeal seeking an effective date earlier than January 25, 1999 for the grant of service connection for PTSD is dismissed.

• HadIt.com Elder
My heart is with you. I wish you peace, and I urge you to take joy in it being over. My advice is to rest awhile and celebrate the finale. You are truly free from the burden of the fight, for a while, if you wish. I have experienced the torment that follows such letters. With me, it would come like a thief in the night. When I would wake in the morning, I would have a few moments of peace before the torment began. The reawakening of the argument, and my rebuttal to the VA's nonsense would replay like the annoying screech of a snooze button going off, and chase me out of bed. Coffee and toil helps, however, intrusive thoughts are a part of PTSD. I have learned that time heals these wounds of injustice. With time, I found peace in knowing that I was right and the VA was clearly and unmistakably wrong. I caught myself laughing at the VA, one morning, and in that moment, I found relief. Time is truly a miracle drug for such wounds. For many decades, because of the ten dollar rule, lawyers were not an option. Now, you can find a law firm that handles VA claims. You have developed a splendid file. Perhaps, after a while( barring any deadlines ), you could consider passing the torch to a lawyer. I have discovered that peace of mind is worth more than any retro check. My most positive thoughts are with you.

Bob

Bob, Good writing! You totally get it! I'm done, for now. For tonight, at least. I would have less than 120 days to get it to an Attorney; and for them to get it to the CAVC. But there's no way I can win this claim, not the way it's been written by me, and not the way the VA has convoluted the issues. I've got to sleep on it, so tired. Tired of thinking about it. I do not want to put myself out there emotionally to them anymore; it's like inviting crows to pick your bones. My history and character is too human and flawed to stand up to their judgements. It's like being physically assaulted all over again, and again, and again. Even in this Decision, the BVA does not even cite my rape; they just called it a PTSD "stressor". IDIOTS. ~Wings

x

x

x

I'll post the Decision when it published on the BVA server. It's 8 pages, and I would have to hunt and pack (type) until the cows come home, and frankly, I have better things to do with my time. I guess I am feeling a little angry. I could spit and cuss and kick dirt, but this is a family friendly forum . . . I love you guys!! HUGS!! ~Wings

Hey Wings, I am so sorry that the decision did not come back in your favor. I don't know girlfriend. You have do what is going to be the right thing for you to do at this time. I don't have any advice to give. I know you've been here at Hadit for a long time helping other vets in the process of working your own claim. It can be fatiguing and down right draining. But whatever you finally decide to do...you know we gotcha back. HUGS!! back to you.

Edited by luvHIM