Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It Is Finally Over Bva Granted My Appeal

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

for all of you regulars you know what I have been fighting and how long I have been fighting it. I got the letter from the BVA today they granted my appeal on Hypertension and Coronary Artery Disease secondary to PTSD.

They took exception to note that Dr Boscarino's study warranted inclusion the the Federal register, and also my IMO from DR James Ketchum the retired Colonel from Edgewood Arsenal and the Judge noted that I had been a test subject at Edgewood and that DR Ketchum accepted DR Boscarino's study as being a logical scientific study and that it was more plausible than my exposures to chemicals and drugs during the Cold War human experimentation.

Since my PTSD was awarded back to Dec 2003 and I started the claim on my heart disease in Nov 2002 I am sure they will only give me back pay to Dec 2003

but I am happy now if I have a heart attack and die they hace to give my wife and son benefits. YES

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Berta you have been thru this with me for the past 7 years and I do appreciate yours and everyone else's help over the past 7 years. I have had VSOs from DAV, AL and the PVA tell me I could not get this SC as a secondary condition to my PTSD but as we see it can be done.

It also helped that the IMO I got from the doctor from Edgewood http://www.forgottensecrets.net/ who is a retired Colonel and a Professor at UCLA used DR B's study as the rationale to the link to my heart problems and my PTSD the Judge also noted that I had first thought my use as a human guinea pig in the chemical weapon and drug experiments at Edgewood had led me to contact Dr Ketchum and he would not admit any of the exposures at EA caused my problems but the fact I had several stressors that were documented and Dr K listed them all in his IMO and then stated that Dr s study was the first scientific study that proved a link to cardiac and PTSD and that it was published in the federal register gave it even more weight.

He stated something about relevant equipose and that it came down to medical evidence and he felt my 4 IMOs were credible and therefore he granted the award. Yippee rofl

Berta after 7 years have you ever seen me back down from fighting these people? Not going to happen now I am going to wait for the money and get this straight, then I am filing for the A&A and the K award also the house and auto grants I am a glutton for punishment the VA gave me a power chair in Sep 2003 due to the severity of my heart disease and I can't walk more than 100 feet without getting winded and having to sit down, my ejection fraction is 25% and 2 failed bypasses. If I didn't need the power chair they wouldn;t have given it to me I had to go before a board of doctors to have it approved back then what the RO is going to argue I am better now? I don't think they can prove that. I have to hire someone to do all the work around here cut the grass, electrical and plumbing etc I use to do all that stuff myself I used to own 7 apartments back in the 90s and you couldn't make any money if you had to contract that stuff out. I learned a lot back then. Now I just physically can't do it anymore.

You have been a steady hand for me thru all this and I have really appreciated your advice over the years thank you

"Berta after 7 years have you ever seen me back down from fighting these people"

NOPE-

You are an impeccable Warrior!!!!!!!!

And this is a lesson for all here to learn from- when we say Never Give up -we Mean it!

The most compromised part of our population-disabled vets,

who are disabled by their very military service- have to fight again

for their compensation.

There is something utterly wrong with that picture.

And Mike- it gets down to every man or woman for themselves.

The VA would not use the fact that there were other vets who were awarded heart disease from PTSD-very few- and I think those vets all used the Boscarino stuff-

It just makes sense that PTSD at 100% has to have impact on CAD-if not by causing it, by aggravating it-

I am getting a cardio IMO and am asking this doc how much an IMO would be for the same premise yours is- I filed that claim 4 years ago-PTSD to heart disease and cannot remember what the status is-as the AO claim is the main one I have.

You took the ime and trouble to do the leg work and FINALLY it paid off -

now you need to last as long as you can- to enjoy this VICTORY!

I hope this news Mike will inspire MANY others!

It has been YEARS in coming.

One question they granted the appeal- but you mean they granted SC for heart in their decision -right?

"He stated something about relevant equipose and that it came down to medical evidence and he felt my 4 IMOs were credible and therefore he granted the award. Yippee rofl"

OH OK!!! Relative Equipoise in Action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!

hope this doesnt double post I just got IPS driver error message from the site -never got that before and I couldnt post

• HadIt.com Elder
"Berta after 7 years have you ever seen me back down from fighting these people"

NOPE-

You are an impeccable Warrior!!!!!!!!

And this is a lesson for all here to learn from- when we say Never Give up -we Mean it!

The most compromised part of our population-disabled vets,

who are disabled by their very military service- have to fight again

for their compensation.

There is something utterly wrong with that picture.

And Mike- it gets down to every man or woman for themselves.

The VA would not use the fact that there were other vets who were awarded heart disease from PTSD-very few- and I think those vets all used the Boscarino stuff-

It just makes sense that PTSD at 100% has to have impact on CAD-if not by causing it, by aggravating it-

I am getting a cardio IMO and am asking this doc how much an IMO would be for the same premise yours is- I filed that claim 4 years ago-PTSD to heart disease and cannot remember what the status is-as the AO claim is the main one I have.

You took the ime and trouble to do the leg work and FINALLY it paid off -

now you need to last as long as you can- to enjoy this VICTORY!

I hope this news Mike will inspire MANY others!

It has been YEARS in coming.

One question they granted the appeal- but you mean they granted SC for heart in their decision -right?

Yes Berta for both coronary artery disease and hypertension

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Carlie it will be fun seeing where it ends up I still have a few issues with them but I want to wait until they get this finished then I will submit the new stuff just about the time they will think they are all finished lol they tried burying my C File back in May 2006 when they tried the "we made a deal" which was false I never agreed to drop my cardiac issues hemmeroids yes heart NO but since I can't buy mortgage insurance I am going for the housing allowance and auto since the doctors issued me the power chair in Sep 2003 because due to my heart problems I can walk any distance I think the term they use is it prohibits locomotion on my own. I don't look like a train but they can use any term they want...lol